xzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ok, so I've applied for the ITMB course at Exeter, Sheffield, Manchester, Lancaster and Loughborough and have recieved offers.

I've been thinking about it and I just don't know whether it's really the right decision, I have spoken to a teacher and they have told me the degree sounds very "niche" and perhaps I should choose a course which "doesn't close too many doors."

However, I have read a lot of information on the course and it is marketed in a way that makes it seem the exact opposite. But, the course has only been running for around 6 years so they don't have much evidence that really shows graduates to be anymore employable.

I was thinking maybe applying to a similar course such as Information technology/computing and business management, due to the fact that it doesn't sound as "niche" as the name of this particular e-skills course.

Basically I just need anyone's point of view who knows the ITMB course and if they know whether it enhances your employment prospects and career opportunities or if there are any similar courses which are more preferred.
hayhay95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi! Im in my first year of my ITMB course so i hope this helps you,

I personally think doing ITMB will enhance your employment prospects and career opportunities more than a similar course just because of the added element of the employer involvement in the course. We have 2 events each year which employers and students come together to network, to take part in competitions etc and quite a lot of graduates of the course have gone on the work for one of these companies which endorse the course.

if you want to know thing else please let me know.
IVIURRAY
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm a first year at Loughborough ITMB student.

Your teachers are wrong, this course opens doors for you rather than closes.

The course is designed by the employers so basically they've first dibs on you when you graduate.

I know 3rd year students that have had placements and graduate jobs with companies that sponser the course and that dont sponser the course, the possibilities are endless.

There even is competitions designed just for ITMB students, this degree gives you so many possibilities. (e.g the IDS challenge run by P&G)

If you want to study a 50/50 split course related to business and computing it's the right option, you'll never look back!

Loughborough had a 100% employement record after graduation from this course....need I say more!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.18%
I'm not sure (32)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (235)
31.29%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.4%
I'm not a current university student (367)
48.87%

Watched Threads