The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ahhhhh. Nout wrong with that. I never felt anything like that at 20, but at 25 I can kind of begin to see things that way
Reply 2
It's actually not!
Follow your instinct.

And best of luck for your future :smile:
Reply 3
I am in the same way but at 16!
However it is more in the sense that I know i'll want to and look forward to but not quite yet.
If you want to do it, just remember that babies last a lifetime. Maybe enjoy being selfish (were you only have to worry about yourself) and your freedom for a bit longer first.
Reply 4
Gammon
I am in the same way but at 16!
However it is more in the sense that I know i'll want to and look forward to but not quite yet.
If you want to do it, just remember that babies last a lifetime. Maybe enjoy being selfish (were you only have to worry about yourself) and your freedom for a bit longer first.

:eek3:
No problem with getting a girlfriend, but no need at your age to think about marriage and babies yet, you gotta live your life first and go out and see places.
My heart wants to, but then I think about it and there's so much to see and do still. Even something like travelling just becomes so difficult when there are kids on the scene. But yeah, a few months back I thought it quite strongly. It's a great thing to look forward to!
Reply 7
x.narb.x
Lately I've felt like I just want to settle down, get married, and have lots of babies.

I'm thinking this is a strange line of thought at only 20 years old, but does anyone feel the same?

i get that same feeling when i feel content and happy. that i want to have a little family life. not weird at all. i think most people feel that.

but i hardly get the feeling of wanting to run wild and date as many people as possible, get it out of my system etc.. and my friends find that weird.
Reply 8
Carl1982
No problem with getting a girlfriend, but no need at your age to think about marriage and babies yet, you gotta live your life first and go out and see places.

Live my life? Whats your definition of "living" life?
Reply 9
x.narb.x

I ask people that same question when they tell me that.
Reply 10
I Know that feeling well. I seriously think the most amazing job anyone can ever do is to be a parent, and have a nice family life, however I accept that I'm too young to do this, being 19, and therefore make sure I have loads to look forwards to, for example university next year.
x.narb.x

What i mean is go out to places, hang out together and basically just enjoy your time together with your partner, babies surely can wait a bit
Reply 12
Well Ive wanted to for a long time.I can dream of the wedding,the love/marrige/sex/babies.Just have to find the guy *rolls eyes* Its kinda sweet too see a guy who longs for those things.But I think just live life to the max for the next few years and take it from there.You could just be longing for stability.I know I did when I went through the "I want to settle down" phase.
Carl1982
What i mean is go out to places, hang out together and basically just enjoy your time together with your partner, babies surely can wait a bit

I share this view. My parents were married for five years before they had me (I'm the first child) and I think they really enjoyed just having a few years to kick start their careers, go wherever they wanted on holiday, go out for dinner or to see a film whenever they wanted, and not have to worry about children. When you have children your financial freedom just goes out of the window, so it's good to have a few years where you can be a bit more frivolous and irresponsible, whilst still being "settled", as it were, with your long-term partner. As for getting married, well I'm definitely looking forward to meeting that special person, but I'd like to date a couple of other guys first, and at 20, I'm in no rush.

On the other hand, I agree with the OP in that marriage and children is something I really want to do. I'm a romantic at heart and believe in meeting one person and never needing anyone else for the rest of your life. And I love children. I'm the crazy girl in the supermarket making eyes at all the little babies hehe. But I can wait another ten years or so to have my own.
Reply 14
Marriage is for matured adults and if you're contemplating wanting to marry and settle down, it probably just means you're growing up and maturing, so it's a good thing :smile: Although settling down does not necessarily mean marriage, of course, but the idea of settling down is mature anyway.

I know I'm too young for marriage at 18 lol but I wouldn't mind being married right now either. So no, nothing wrong with you. :smile:
Reply 15
x.narb.x
Lately I've felt like I just want to settle down, get married, and have lots of babies.

I'm thinking this is a strange line of thought at only 20 years old, but does anyone feel the same?

Generally most 20 year old males are only interested in banging everything with a pulse and destroying their livers; you're a rare breed.

I'm only 18 and obviously don't want to settle down yet, but at the same time I don't want to be obsessed about having a supposed successful career like a lot of modern women are. People talk about how if you're young you should travel travel travel "SEIZE THE MOMENT!" and they have a point, but it's not for everyone. It seems nowadays that if you don't backpack round some mucky middle-eastern village somewhere then you haven't "lived".:rolleyes: I would much rather just be comfortable and have an easy-going lifestyle in my early twenties rather than conform to one extreme or the other.
Being two years younger I feel the same but without the kids part. I think it's more sensible and more respectable rather than going around sleeping with every other girl.
Reply 17
elbow_fan
Generally most 20 year old males are only interested in banging everything with a pulse and destroying their livers; you're a rare breed.

I gotta disagree with that, I'm 20 and I went through that stage at 18. 16 casual relationships in a year was fun, but it gets dull. Everyone SHOULD go through that phase.
Reply 18
Appanouki
I gotta disagree with that, I'm 20 and I went through that stage at 18. 16 casual relationships in a year was fun, but it gets dull. Everyone SHOULD go through that phase.

What if we don't particularly want to?

And narb, it's not entirely uncommon - I know some of my guy friends think that occasionally. Tends to come and go in phases though, or at least it does for me!
Reply 19
Helenia
What if we don't particularly want to?

And narb, it's not entirely uncommon - I know some of my guy friends think that occasionally. Tends to come and go in phases though, or at least it does for me!

I was really refering to the guys :smile: It's good because it makes you value a real relationship more and and the same time pick up some things sexually.

Latest

Trending

Trending