The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

should I appeal?

recently i had an open day at UCL and was told i would be made an offer for stats, eco and finance. the A levels i am taking (im in a gap year) are maths (A*) further maths (retake) physics (retake) and economics (first time round/self taught). i was told i would need A*AA in maths further maths and one other subject when i first applied. and i am predicted AA in further maths and physics. however i do not have a predicted grade for eco and i think i will flunk it. the admissions guy said that he is going to recommend my offer be made for eco as its more relevant than physics. but the website says nothing about taking preference. i beleive i will get A*AA in maths f maths and physics but i dont think i will for eco. should i appeal to admissions or not. it is my first choice, i have no predicted grade for eco and i am self teaching. if i shouldnt appeal what do you recommend i do??
Reply 1
also, if not should i consider changing the course im applying for at UCL? to maths, im sure i can get an A* in f maths and an A in physics. its just ill get a c/d in eco
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
anyone???
Reply 3
yeh go ask

but they'll probably say no
Reply 4
Original post by ...Yaboy
yeh go ask

but they'll probably say no

why do you say that. is it fair for them to give me an offer for a subject i dont have predicted grades for? and they didnt specify the need for any subject other than maths on the website.
Reply 5
When I went to the open day a couple of weeks back I remember him saying that for applicants taking A levels over 3 years may get a different/tougher offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by B-Stacks
When I went to the open day a couple of weeks back I remember him saying that for applicants taking A levels over 3 years may get a different/tougher offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

mine is 3 years. I'm waiting for the official track update before emailing.
Original post by cem101
why do you say that. is it fair for them to give me an offer for a subject i dont have predicted grades for? and they didnt specify the need for any subject other than maths on the website.

Yes, they can offer you whatever they want.
Reply 8
Original post by tengentoppa
Yes, they can offer you whatever they want.

:frown:
Original post by cem101
:frown:

Sorry. Still, give it a go. You never know.

Quick Reply

Latest