The Student Room Group

OCR Criminal Law June 2014

What topics do you guys think will come up?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blyts-_
What topics do you guys think will come up?

Maybe, strict liability for section A? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
I'm hoping theft comes up, or even something like involuntary manslaughter or something from the defences section, I can't get my head around murder though. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by Umarahh
I'm hoping theft comes up, or even something like involuntary manslaughter or something from the defences section, I can't get my head around murder though. :s-smilie:

Yeah me too, I'm very confident with theft, hope strict liability comes up for section A.
Original post by Blyts-_
Yeah me too, I'm very confident with theft, hope strict liability comes up for section A.

Theft came up for section B in june.
Reply 5
Original post by random1234567

This years special study paper is on robbery and burglary, theft could come up? Unlikely though :/ I'm really confident with theft, hope it comes up! what topics do you think will come up?
Reply 6
Original post by random1234567

Yeah but my teacher said its possible theft could still come up! Would be nice if it did, im struggling with non fatal offences, havent made much notes on it :/
Reply 7
Original post by Umarahh
Yeah but my teacher said its possible theft could still come up! Would be nice if it did, im struggling with non fatal offences, havent made much notes on it :/

Yeah non fatal offences is quite tricky with all the different sections, not planning on revising that for the exam..
Reply 8
Original post by Blyts-_
Yeah non fatal offences is quite tricky with all the different sections, not planning on revising that for the exam..

I find it quite irritating tbh! Whats your predicted grade overall?
Reply 9
My teacher reckons that because theft and robbery is on the special paper, it will definitely be ONLY on section C in the Criminal exam.
Reply 10
Original post by lawgirl69
My teacher reckons that because theft and robbery is on the special paper, it will definitely be ONLY on section C in the Criminal exam.

theft isn't on the special study paper, it's robbery and burglary... what you talking about law girl ;P
Reply 11
Original post by Umarahh
I find it quite irritating tbh! Whats your predicted grade overall?

B, because I got a B on second exam in AS, got an A for the first paper though :/ what's your predicted grade?
Reply 12
Original post by Blyts-_
B, because I got a B on second exam in AS, got an A for the first paper though :/ what's your predicted grade?

Mine is also a B, I got a high C for AS though, was close to a B :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by Umarahh
Mine is also a B, I got a high C for AS though, was close to a B :s-smilie:

What topics are you revising for the exam?
Reply 14
Original post by Blyts-_
What topics are you revising for the exam?

All of them, excluding non fatal offences because it just doesn't go into my head, i might not revise as much for theft because the special study is on robbery and burglary as you already know.. Murder is also quite confusing as well, so I don't know if i'm going to revise that topic. What about you?
Reply 15
Original post by Umarahh
All of them, excluding non fatal offences because it just doesn't go into my head, i might not revise as much for theft because the special study is on robbery and burglary as you already know.. Murder is also quite confusing as well, so I don't know if i'm going to revise that topic. What about you?

All except non fatal offences and maybe attempts because that's what I'm currently doing
I think attempts will come up because the last time it came up was January 2010 and I got told from my teacher that all the topics must be covered in a three year cycle.
Reply 17
Original post by Shannonscott96
I think attempts will come up because the last time it came up was January 2010 and I got told from my teacher that all the topics must be covered in a three year cycle.

What else do you think could come up?
Reply 18
Strict liability could
Original post by Umarahh
What else do you think could come up?

My teacher told me strict liability will not come up in section B as the exam board promised not to.
Causation, consent or duress may also come up as haven't been up since 2011 (duress 2010).

Murder/manslaughter has come up every year but in different sections. So i am definatley revising that.

Quick Reply