Do i need to know names and dates for science?

Watch
Mysticmeg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm doing triple science and my exam board is OCR Gateway. I was just wondering whether they expect you to know the names of scientists and the dates they made their discoveries or whether they just expect you to know how certain theories have evolved. eg. The theory of atomic structure going from the idea of solid spheres to the 'plum pudding model' to the discovery of a nucleus and then the discovery of electron shells (with a few more detail on how each was discovered but not including names of scientists or dates pf experiments/discoveries).
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmeg)
I'm doing triple science and my exam board is OCR Gateway. I was just wondering whether they expect you to know the names of scientists and the dates they made their discoveries or whether they just expect you to know how certain theories have evolved. eg. The theory of atomic structure going from the idea of solid spheres to the 'plum pudding model' to the discovery of a nucleus and then the discovery of electron shells (with a few more detail on how each was discovered but not including names of scientists or dates pf experiments/discoveries).
You don't need to know the names with OCR, they'll give you them. They might give you the dates, but other times they may not. But don't worry, if the dates aren't given in the question ay GCSE they won't expect you to know them. Still, it wouldn't hurt to know them, the examiner will be impressed if you write them.

But as long as you have a vague idea of what each scientist discovered, then you can easily get full marks
Mysticmeg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for the help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads