The Student Room Group

Difficulty and workload comparison

Hiya,

I'm very interested in starting university in Amsterdam, studying a business orientated degree. Have done a lot of research on applying, financing etc. The one thing that worries me is the difficulty and workload compared to English Universities. I would have to be doing around 15 hours per week work to apply for the dutch grant and have seen posts suggesting 30-40% of students actually go through to the second year. I'm not lazy and understand you've got to work hard it's just a bit worrying seeing those stats and considering you'd be working alongside studying (also I am partial to a night or two out). Just looking for some feedback from anyone with experience doing this, or anyone thats found more info around this?

Thanks in advance

James
Reply 1
I suppose you are applying for an undergrad degree? You are supposed to study for 40 hours a week (including lectures et cetera), but most people study less. Since Dutch universities are not selective to get into, the first year is often a sort of selection. It depends on your university, but normally you are supposed to pass a number of courses in your first year in order to be allowed to proceed to the second year.

I am also interested in learning about the workload from people who studied at both British and Dutch universities. I might be going to a British university next year.
Same here applying to Delft and the workload is cringing from the reports from current student

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending