The Student Room Group

AQA psychology

Hi, does anyone have any revision techniques for psychology?
Flash cards and lots of practice questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by smozsolution
Flash cards and lots of practice questions :smile:

Thanks, is it necessary to remember all the stats, because i have trouble doing so
Original post by solomon0798
Thanks, is it necessary to remember all the stats, because i have trouble doing so

Try and remember most of them because the more detailed your answers are the more marks you get.

I think they give you a bit of leeway with them though, e.g if you said 40% instead of 38.5%.
Guys personally I use mainly the cgp guide for psychology I know its a bit vague on some parts but was wondering if I memorised it would I be able to get A? Has anyone used soley gcp and got the top grades? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by TalentlesStudent
Guys personally I use mainly the cgp guide for psychology I know its a bit vague on some parts but was wondering if I memorised it would I be able to get A? Has anyone used soley gcp and got the top grades? Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was wondering the same thing because as i want to also use the CGP guides too
I was wondering the same thing because as i want to also use the CGP guides too

Yeah I agree I tried to use the other fat books but I dont either have to the time or the motivation to memorise a 200 page book -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Try and remember most of them because the more detailed your answers are the more marks you get.

I think they give you a bit of leeway with them though, e.g if you said 40% instead of 38.5%.

Thanks a lot, do you mind me asking what course your thinking about and what uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you have just wasted your money on those cgp guides tbh, all you need for A2 psychology is the student companion and exam companion third edition books and the class notes the teacher gives out. Use these books and class notes to write essays on any question that could come up in both exams, for unit 3 go through all the past paper questions see which ones are most likely to come up memorise all your essays and time yourself - you have to complete 3 topics in 1 hour and 30 minutes. For unit 4, go over your notes and do the past papers then check mark schemes and examiner reports.
(edited 10 years ago)
Thanks a lot, do you mind me asking what course your thinking about and what uni.

Neuroscience and hopefully at UCL :smile:

:eek: Awesome course and university! Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
you have just wasted your money on those cgp guides tbh, all you need for A2 psychology is the student companion and exam companion third edition books and the class notes the teacher gives out. Use these books and class notes to write essays on any question that could come up in both exams, for unit 3 go through all the past paper questions see which ones are most likely to come up memorise all your essays and time yourself - you have to complete 3 topics in 1 hour and 30 minutes. For unit 4, go over your notes and do the past papers then check mark schemes and examiner reports.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I'm still in my AS year. Is it still a waste of money ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry if I wasn't clear but I'm still in my AS year. Is it still a waste of money ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes its still a waste of money, you only need to use the complete companion and go over past papers for AS.
Original post by mightyfrog2_10
:eek: Awesome course and university! Good Luck! :smile:

It's the current dream and it depends on how well I do at AS this year to see if I'll apply though but thank you :smile:
Reply 14

Great course have you looked at other uni's, or are you set on just UCL.
Great course have you looked at other uni's, or are you set on just UCL.

UCL is the dream but I'm also considering KCL, Manchester, Bristol and Edinburgh. Maybe Leeds. It depends on where I go to look at open days and what my results at AS are.

On a different note, if you need any Psychology help don't be afraid to PM :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest