The Student Room Group

Adding a girl from Uni on facebook

Hi
Only 2 months till I graduate, recently got dumped by my girlfriend but I feel like I'm ready to move on. There's this cute girl I occasionally see around campus. Possibly some interest from her, were of the same ethnicity, we've made eye contact a few times, I've seen her possibly looking a few times as well. She's definitely aware of me anyways. I've also seen a few of her friends looking at me as well, possibly means she's talked about me to them or something, gossiping at girls do.

I wanna add her on facebook and maybe send her a message. We have 2 mutual friends if that makes a difference. She's in 2nd year, I'm 3rd. Approaching her in person is very hard as I hardly see her around and definitely not in social areas. Occasionally I'll see her walking around campus with her group of friends, very hard to approach. So I'd like to do it via facebook rather than miss my chance. I know it's not the best way of approaching girls but I'm willing to risk it, don't really have anything to lose.

Any advice on what I should say??

Would you find it creepy if a guy you've never spoken to but have seen around Uni added you on facebook? If it makes a difference I'm somewhat good looking(sorry to sound vain!) lol I don't look like a dogs *******s.

Help me out please
Reply 1
Go for it, never miss on an opportunity :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
Only 2 months till I graduate, recently got dumped by my girlfriend but I feel like I'm ready to move on. There's this cute girl I occasionally see around campus. Possibly some interest from her, were of the same ethnicity, we've made eye contact a few times, I've seen her possibly looking a few times as well. She's definitely aware of me anyways. I've also seen a few of her friends looking at me as well, possibly means she's talked about me to them or something, gossiping at girls do.

I wanna add her on facebook and maybe send her a message. We have 2 mutual friends if that makes a difference. She's in 2nd year, I'm 3rd. Approaching her in person is very hard as I hardly see her around and definitely not in social areas. Occasionally I'll see her walking around campus with her group of friends, very hard to approach. So I'd like to do it via facebook rather than miss my chance. I know it's not the best way of approaching girls but I'm willing to risk it, don't really have anything to lose.

Would you find it creepy if a guy you've never spoken to but have seen around Uni added you on facebook? If it makes a difference I'm somewhat good looking(sorry to sound vain!) lol I don't look like a dogs *******s.

Help me out please

naa u gotta do it in person bro, 2 months is plenty of time
Reply 3
"Hello" is usually a good start.
Reply 4
go for it ... probably start off friendly and work your way from there :wink:
Reply 5
Any advice on what I should say though? :s-smilie:

Sending her a message saying "hello" and a friend request doesnt sound like I made much effort.

Also It's really more like a month and a few weeks I have left, I finish on may the 4th.

If I get the chance to speak to her in person sure ill speak to her, but if the chance doesnt happen I dont wanna just miss this chance.
Reply 6
Forget Facebook as a strategy. Cute girls will have a wealth of friend requests and so you won't stick out and, yes, it is a bit creepy a request from someone you've never spoken to. Just act on that eye contact and chemistry you perceive to introduce yourself and take it from there. If she is up for it there is no problem.
Reply 7
Just go up to her and say "Hello, my name is... I see you around campus sometimes, you're cute, let's go for a drink". She'll admire you for having the balls to go up and say it. Facebook is a no-go.
By "uni" do you mean "primary school"?
Man up and ask the girl out.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

Help me out please

OMG you should totally do it! Do it NOW! Lol for all you know she could be your future wife or baby mama :wink: haha

Good luck and YOLO (I don't usually say that word I must be hyper!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I believe direct approach would be much better than adding her on a social networking site.

If you have the opportunity to talk to her when she's on her own, go for it! Introduce yourself and strike up a conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending