The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlottejyp
This thread makes me feel dumb :frown:

:five: Only a few people get predicted A*'s in my school. I don't think anyone has had all A*'s before.. My targets are currently all B's, alright I guess but then I'm better at some subjects than others. I'm in Year 10 though, could change in Year 11.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheDaylighter
Haha, thanks:colondollar:
Oh right, well there's always the exam right?

I thought it was out of 50? At least it is for mine... :s-smilie:

Haha, yeah the exam is harder IMO but the same questions pop up every year so looking at a few past papers should do the trick :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How would you go about revising for English? I just don't get it and it's probably one of my worst subjects (apart from Engineering :colonhash:).

I'm doing AQA - The Woman In Black and OMAM, on a B for my coursework so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AMYC1999
:five: Only a few people get predicted A*'s in my school. I don't think anyone has had all A*'s before..

:biggrin:
You should try going to my school, practically everyone get's predicted all A*s and I'm there with a bunch of As, it's a hard life haha! But I'm sure I can get better than my predicted, the standard in my school is just ridiculously high :tongue:
Original post by majmuh24
I thought it was out of 50? At least it is for mine... :s-smilie:

Haha, yeah the exam is harder IMO but the same questions pop up every year so looking at a few past papers should do the trick :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well in that case it's great! :awesome: Ours is out of 90 I think
I'm alright with the exam I just suck at the design question at the start. In my mock exam I got 17/33 in section a and only dropped like 2 marks in the rest of the paper and ended up with a high b :/
You should try going to my school, practically everyone get's predicted all A*s and I'm there with a bunch of As, it's a hard life haha! But I'm sure I can get better than my predicted, the standard in my school is just ridiculously high :tongue:

Still great predictions :biggrin:
Original post by TheDaylighter
Oh well in that case it's great! :awesome: Ours is out of 90 I think
I'm alright with the exam I just suck at the design question at the start. In my mock exam I got 17/33 in section a and only dropped like 2 marks in the rest of the paper and ended up with a high b :/

I think you do a different one to me, there's only 1 big exam (2 hours long) and it's out of 150 marks. :colonhash:

Unlucky, feel free to message me or whatever if you wanna go over some stuff together (we've covered most of the spec at my school and are just going over past papers and stuff now.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AMYC1999
:five: Only a few people get predicted A*'s in my school. I don't think anyone has had all A*'s before.. My targets are currently all B's, alright I guess but then I'm better at some subjects than others. I'm in Year 10 though, could change in Year 11.

I'm sure you'll be fine, just work :biggrin: I think as long as you're motivated to do well, you will :smile:
I'm sure you'll be fine, just work :biggrin: I think as long as you're motivated to do well, you will :smile:

Hopefully. Thanks. I ave very little motivation though :redface:
Original post by suzylemonade
x

Yoooo, how's food going? Where you at?
I am aiming for these grades:

Biology (iGCSE) - A
Chemistry (iGCSE) - A
Drama - B
English Language (iGCSE) - A*
English Literature (iGCSE) - A*
History - A*
Japanese - A*
Latin - A
Mathematics (iGCSE) - A*
Physics (iGCSE) - A

Most people in my school get all A*s and As, though. Sigh. Latin is 90% for an A*, which is ridiculous. Japanese is also 90% but they are much more lenient because it is so hard. I got 88% in my mock and I only read a bit of vocab the night before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

LOLLLLL. I feel you, sis. Everybody is so clever in our school D:
LOLLLLL. I feel you, sis. Everybody is so clever in our school D:

...b-b-but you're one of the clever people! Have you seen your predicted? :eek:
Yoooo, how's food going? Where you at?

Food is going pretty good! Almost done, just need to format most things :smile: How about you?

...b-b-but you're one of the clever people! Have you seen your predicted? :eek:

Ha. HA. No, I'm not. Predicted grades mean jack :tongue:
I did my mocks in December and started revising for them in November, had a break over Christmas and started doing a couple of hours a night as soon as we returned in January:smile: I got 3A* 5A 3B in my mocks, predicted 2A* 6A 3B but I am aiming towards the following grades myself:
French: A*
History: A*
Maths: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Business: A
English language: A
English literature: A
Astronomy: A (already have this A in astronomy as I did it in year 8 for some reason)
ICT: merit
Physics: B

Overall that's 5A* 4A 2B, I would love to get 6A* but if I'm honest I doubt I'll get 5 so can't complain if I don't get 6:smile:

I've put the work in but im not incredibly smart but I've learned with GCSE you don't have to be smart, only work hard!
Food is going pretty good! Almost done, just need to format most things :smile: How about you?

Ha. HA. No, I'm not. Predicted grades mean jack :tongue:

Ugh, on experimentation, no joke seriously so scared I'm not going to do it all in time :frown:

Ha, no. Though people like Shivani make me want to cry.
Have any of you guys/ girls done any revision today, I plan to do a few hours this evening but finding hard to get started!
Ugh, on experimentation, no joke seriously so scared I'm not going to do it all in time :frown:

Ha, no. Though people like Shivani make me want to cry.

You will, don't worry :smile:

Shivani actually hasn't revised yet, so I wouldn't worry too much :tongue:

Original post by easyaspirsquared
Have any of you guys/ girls done any revision today, I plan to do a few hours this evening but finding hard to get started!

Yeah, going to do some from 6 onwards. Maybe from 6-10, and then a bit more tomorrow :smile:
Reply 38
I am predicted:
English-C
Maths-B(already got a C)
Science-B
Geography-B
RE-B
ICT-Merit(already got a distinction)
Music-Merit
Business Studies-Merit

Has anyone got any revision tips? I want to do past papers but I don't have any printer ink and my Mum won't buy any.
(edited 10 years ago)
You will, don't worry :smile:

Shivani actually hasn't revised yet, so I wouldn't worry too much :tongue:

Yeah, going to do some from 6 onwards. Maybe from 6-10, and then a bit more tomorrow :smile:

I'm officially going to start at 4:30!:wink: let's see if I can actually get the motivation haha

Quick Reply

Latest