The Student Room Group

Thoughts on this App idea??

The App:
Basically this app will have two types of users, Drivers and Passengers. So the Drivers will input their daily route to work and work times on the app, these people will have cars and drive to work. Then the Passengers will input their work place destination and work times onto the app. The app will then match these Passengers will Driver(s), so basically these Drivers should be able to drop these people off to work on their way to their own workplace and possibly even drop them back off home.The fare will be worked out beforehand, say a couple of £s.

Pros: Cheaper than public transport/taxis, better for environment, meet new people.

Cons: Reluctant to have stranger in car, reliability, fare agreement/payment. Could damage the taxi business.

Spin-Off Idea: Another app idea. Basically the app will locate you geographically and you can set a perimeter of the areas you will cover in your car. People who need a lift can search for available cars in the area that are willing to take them to a certain destination and you get into contact and so on.

At this moment in time I'm unsure whether you're allowed to take money from passengers in this sense as I think that would effectively make you a unlicensed taxi driver, therefore illegal, if that's the case then minus money and hope people will do it for free. Or maybe not encourage the money part and let people decide that for themselves.

What do you guys think? cons outweigh the pros? Anyway to make it better?
Seems rather dangerous. Creeps & pervs would love this though.
Reply 2
Seems quite cool to me. Just ensure a passenger can never see the entire route of any driver (burglars etc could use the info to check when homes are empty)
Reply 3
Original post by Silver Arrows
Seems rather dangerous. Creeps & pervs would love this though.

You're right, to be honest I'm don't believe in the idea myself as I could never see myself getting in a car with a stranger.

Quick Reply

Latest