What's going on? Cramping between periods? Watch

Minniemousexx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a bit worried...my normal menstrual cycle is around 35 days so quite long. A couple of days ago, around 22 days into my cycle I started getting period-like cramps. I had a very slight amount of spotting which then stopped and the cramps continued - this definitely isn't my period as it's normally really heavy. Why could this be?

I've read it can be an early sign of pregnancy and I have had sex a few times in the last week but I have the copper IUD so I doubt it's that. What else could it be? I'm really worried!
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Side effect of the IUD maybe?
Minniemousexx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Side effect of the IUD maybe?
It could be but I've had it in for 6 months now with no side effects :/ I also have really bad lower back pain
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
See a doctor and get your coil checked. Have you checked the strings yourself? It could be that the IUD has moved inside you or come out which would explain your cramping and bleeding. A pregnancy test is unlikely to be reliable yet, but this would be the first thing to check with a coil.
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Minniemousexx)
It could be but I've had it in for 6 months now with no side effects :/ I also have really bad lower back pain
I've had my copper IUD for nearly a year now and I've started to get some period pain like cramping along with some spotting around a week or so before my period arrives the past few months. I was told by my nurse that it can take up to a year for it to settle properly so side effects might come and go in that time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.49%
No, but I have thought about it (55)
28.06%
No (93)
47.45%

Watched Threads