Caroshanghai
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey Guys, I need your hel- I want to study one semester in England- London or Edingburgh.

Does anyone know which is the "cheapest" university-i can´t spend more than 1000-1500€ per Semester.

Thanks for your help,

Caro
Lia.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Caroshanghai)
Hey Guys, I need your hel- I want to study one semester in England- London or Edingburgh.

Does anyone know which is the "cheapest" university-i can´t spend more than 1000-1500€ per Semester.

Thanks for your help,

Caro

First of all: great plan, you'll love it!
As for London and Edinburgh, they are both capital cities so they aren't particularly cheap to live in, but I'd say that London is still more expensive than Edinburgh! So if you're on a budget, I'd advise you to go to Edinburgh! Especially accommodation-wise you'll have to spend lots of money in London! Of course it depends on where you want to live, ie. in which part of the city, but I'd say that Edinburgh is less expensive in general! And Edinburgh is also such a great city, you'll neer be bored as there's always something to do and you'll meet lots of friendly people! Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Caroshanghai
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks a lot!
So it will be Edinburgh

Can you recommend a university in Edinburgh?

The Napier University seemed to be good and cheap- 1000Pfund in the trimester for three courses.
(It was 305 pounds per course and I have to visit three)
Do I have to pay only for those courses? What I mean is- there are all charges included or do I have to pay for tutition fees extra?
The website is very confusing in this regard.:confused:

Thanks for your help again!
Lia.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Caroshanghai)
Thanks a lot!
So it will be Edinburgh

Can you recommend a university in Edinburgh?

The Napier University seemed to be good and cheap- 1000Pfund in the trimester for three courses.
(It was 305 pounds per course and I have to visit three)
Do I have to pay only for those courses? What I mean is- there are all charges included or do I have to pay for tutition fees extra?
The website is very confusing in this regard.:confused:

Thanks for your help again!

You're welcome!
Basically, it depends on the uni you're currently studying at! If it is within the EU, chances are they might have signed an Erasmus agreement with Edinburgh Napier! If that's the case you normally won't have to pay any tuition fees. If your university doesn't have links with Napier that's still no problem. You can go there anyway but, as you found out aswell, you'll have to pay £305 per module. So those £915 are the tuition fees you'll have to pay for your trimester, there will be no further tuition fees! However, that doesn't include accommodation so maybe have a look at that. As far as I know, all Edinburgh Napier accommodation is self-catered so you'll be able to cook your own meals. The rent is £101-£125 per week, depending on which accommodation you choose!

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (135)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (30)
12%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.6%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.6%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.2%