The Student Room Group

Confidence level down after being cheated! And fashion is ZERO!

My then-Girlfriend cheated me over summer and we broke up. Since then, I can't be asked with anything! Anything like study, talking to people, wearing nice clothes, having a nice hairstyle and staying in fashion!

I don't know why I'm feeling this! Since then, I've also started to spend more time alone! I'm already with another amazing person, but apart from her, I don't usually see anyone! I don't like going to parties, or clubbing even! I just don't have any interest in anything whatsoever!

If I go to a club, I feel like I look horrendous! When I go to a house party, I feel like no one wants to talk to me! I feel like everyone there is for sex, and I'm the least attractive guy out there!

It was all different, before I was with my ex! I used to be full of life, I used to go out and about, people used to love me, girls used to talk about me! and I wasn't that bad at studies either! Its all changed now!

How can I change this, and go back to where I was! Please give any practical suggestions!
Hey!
I'm not sure how you're doing now as this thread was started in March but to refresh your image and self-esteem I'd recommend, first of all, getting a new haircut. It doesn't even have to be drastic, in my experience it just makes you feel a ton better knowing that your hair is looking good- even ask a hair professional what would suit you best! Also, if you feel you're really struggling with choosing outfits, don't be afraid to ask the staff in clothing stores to help. Topman do a great personal shopping service which I believe is free, go on their website and scroll to the very bottom (the link is on the black panel). Even still, go shopping with some friends or perhaps buy a full outfit from a mannequin (at least it matches!)

I hope your confidence improves!
Reply 2
Fashionbeans is every mans best friend.

Quick Reply

Latest