Message from my ex-girlfriend... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi there...about an year and a half ago me and this girl split up, we split up because she cheated on me...but despite that i had myself to blame as well for what happened. Anyway, i was quite hurt and it took me a while to get my head up again, never quite forgetting her really. After breaking up i unfriended her from my Facebook and never had any contact since.

Now I've been in a relationship with another girl for more than an year and we are happy together, pretty much being in a very good place with our relationship and our lives. I never thought about contacting my ex about anything, but last night i received a message from her on the Facebook...just like: ''Hi sexy, how are you doing. I was drinking a glass of wine and thinking about you''. And i was like...wtf, why are you doing this?

I deleted the message after reading it and i never said anything to my girlfriend because i don't want to get her worried about it...but this message is haunting me now...why did she do it? Personally i think i should just ignore it and move on, why would i reply anyway, but in the same time i know this thought of messaging her back won't go away.

What do you think about it, what shall i do?
JustThisTeenager
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi there...about an year and a half ago me and this girl split up, we split up because she cheated on me...but despite that i had myself to blame as well for what happened. Anyway, i was quite hurt and it took me a while to get my head up again, never quite forgetting her really. After breaking up i unfriended her from my Facebook and never had any contact since.

Now I've been in a relationship with another girl for more than an year and we are happy together, pretty much being in a very good place with our relationship and our lives. I never thought about contacting my ex about anything, but last night i received a message from her on the Facebook...just like: ''Hi sexy, how are you doing. I was drinking a glass of wine and thinking about you''. And i was like...wtf, why are you doing this?

I deleted the message after reading it and i never said anything to my girlfriend because i don't want to get her worried about it...but this message is haunting me now...why did she do it? Personally i think i should just ignore it and move on, why would i reply anyway, but in the same time i know this thought of messaging her back won't go away.

ignore and move on. Possibly she was drunk, or she might not be able to cope with the fact youre moving on with your life and getting over her.. I had a friend who there was this guy who adored her but she didn't fancy him. Yet shed text him every three months or so just to make sure he stayed interested. Its called stringing him along...

i would just forget it and move on, emailing/messaging her back wont do anything to help you as you don't want to get back with her and thus there is no real need for you to contact her. Especially as there is a chance she might still like/miss you and messaging back, especially to a message like that, will make her think youre interested.

either shes stirring.up trouble or still interested so neither way replying will help you
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's obvious she was drunk - hilarious how she started off with ''hey sexy'' - exactly how a typical slut would start a conversation.
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't ignore it, it'll always bug you in your mind. Send her a reply saying 'sorry, not going to happen!'
It'll give you closure and stop her waiting for a reply.
Comus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I think there's a good chance its not actually her and she's just left her facebook on and instead her friends did it for a joke. It might be genuine but I doubt it. Either way, I'd take it with a pinch of salt and ignore it.
b3kky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

She was drinking wine; she was probably drunk. Do not jeopardise your current relationship for an old flame; a leopard doesn't change it's spots and if she cheated before she would probably cheat again, possibly even try and get you to do it as you have a girlfriend now!
Don't throw away a diamond just to pick up a rock!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads