The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Summer School

Is anyone else going to Summer School this year at Glasgow Uni? Or has anyone been and tell me a little about it?
There's a summer school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi :smile: part of my conditional offer is to attend summer school, I don't really know much about it tbh, are you gonna go?
Reply 3
Hey guys, I did summer school before I went to Glasgow two years ago (going into 3rd year now). I thought it was really good.

Basically, you get to choose 3 subjects, though when I did it study skills was a mandatory subject. I'm doing electrical engineering so I chose Engineering and Maths as my two other subjects.

Summer school gives you a taste of uni before you get there, you have to attend lectures for your classes and there'll labs or seminars (depending on your subject). It's a bit more chilled out than uni and you'll end up knowing nearly everybody doing the same subject as you at summer school.

I'm not sure what subject you're interesting in, but I really enjoyed the engineering one because we actually got to go into the lab and solder circuits and stuff up. I also got taught stuff relevant to my course, so when I came into first year there were some things I had a head start in.

At the end of the 6 weeks(i think) you have to sit exams for your subjects, at least I had to, some subjects might be different (study skills didn't have an exam). The exams weren't really hard for me, they just provide feedback to the lecturers to see if you can cope. Although, if it's part of your conditional then you should probably think about passing them :smile:

You'll make some friends who'll be going into uni with you, so that's always a head start.

I hope this kind of helped, any questions just ask!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending