The Student Room Group

Could you mark what i would get for this - english language GCSE

This is for English language OCR higher tier. I needed someone to mark my work. Could you tell me what I would get (score or grade).
could you also give me tip on how to improve.
THANK YOU...

This is question 1 - outline concisely what her article says about:
the changes to people's attitudes to vegetarianism since 1989.
the changes in Rachael Oliveck's personal onions about vegetarianism between 1989 and 2003.

In Racheal Oliveck’s article called ‘Delicious’, the writertells us about her story of being a vegetarian for fourteen years and turninginto a non-vegetarian. We learn that since 1989 the views on vegetarianism havechanged.
These days, all types of food can be traced to see if itcontains any sort of meat. The supermarkets have advanced in being able toprovide more food items for vegetarians. Also, restaurants are now able tocater for both meat eaters and non-meat eaters. This is due to a change in foodproduction methods as well as what people prefer to eat. Nowadays, meat isoffered everywhere, before people used have a different view about meat becausethey saw it as animal cruelty which they believed was horrible. Rachel Oliveck’sopinion has changed greatly about eating meat. The writer have up meat due tofeeling guilty about consuming an animal. She was put off by the use ofexperimenting with animals for products such as antibiotics. The writer affirmsshe has always enjoyed her food and as a result of being a vegetarian sheresisted eating meat by looking at cookery books that contained recipes forfoods which included using meat. On Christmas she had her first meat afterfourteen years and claims she has had more energy. Since that day she hadconsumed meat every day.
Reply 1
I personally think this is poor. It's too colloquial, just regurgitates information, and doesn't quote at all. Some sentences are grammatically poor, in addition.
Not many of us are qualified to give grades, but I would say a C/D grade.
All you're doing is writing stuff that you've already been told.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by RoCkStAr_1
This is for English language OCR higher tier. I needed someone to mark my work. Could you tell me what I would get (score or grade).
could you also give me tip on how to improve.
THANK YOU...

This is question 1 - outline concisely what her article says about:
the changes to people's attitudes to vegetarianism since 1989.
the changes in Rachael Oliveck's personal onions about vegetarianism between 1989 and 2003.

In Racheal Oliveck’s article called ‘Delicious’, the writertells us about her story of being a vegetarian for fourteen years and turninginto a non-vegetarian. We learn that since 1989 the views on vegetarianism havechanged.
These days, all types of food can be traced to see if itcontains any sort of meat. The supermarkets have advanced in being able toprovide more food items for vegetarians. Also, restaurants are now able tocater for both meat eaters and non-meat eaters. This is due to a change in foodproduction methods as well as what people prefer to eat. Nowadays, meat isoffered everywhere, before people used have a different view about meat becausethey saw it as animal cruelty which they believed was horrible. Rachel Oliveck’sopinion has changed greatly about eating meat. The writer have up meat due tofeeling guilty about consuming an animal. She was put off by the use ofexperimenting with animals for products such as antibiotics. The writer affirmsshe has always enjoyed her food and as a result of being a vegetarian sheresisted eating meat by looking at cookery books that contained recipes forfoods which included using meat. On Christmas she had her first meat afterfourteen years and claims she has had more energy. Since that day she hadconsumed meat every day.

Explain and then analyse ur points further I would also suggest more than one reason for what this might mean or do add a couple of quotes.
Reply 4
Original post by Shadoo
Explain and then analyse ur points further I would also suggest more than one reason for what this might mean or do add a couple of quotes.

As the exam board s OCR we don't quote for Q 1 and 2.
this is question one so we had to write it in our own words. The question is out of 12.
we can only really add quotes for Q 3.
Reply 5
Original post by TheBigJosh
I personally think this is poor. It's too colloquial, just regurgitates information, and doesn't quote at all. Some sentences are grammatically poor, in addition.
Not many of us are qualified to give grades, but I would say a C/D grade.

It doesn't ask to quote...as the exam board is OCR I don't quote for questions 1 and 2 Because question one is about reading the text and writing in your own words (12 marks). Then the second question is normally about presentation devices/language (14 marks) - still don't quote for this question.
Then question 3 we can quote as it is another text (14 marks).
Thanks anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest