confused c2 trig graph Watch

mrdetermination
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i am self teaching, for the past week i was learning about graph of sinx cos x and tanx, i looked at examsolutions and their is no exam questions (except one small one), so i was wondering how would this help me in the exam, does it link in with trig identity as i am a bit confused why i am learning it.
tazza ma razza
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just helps you with transformations of trig functions eg 3sinX or 4cosX/2 etc as you can read off a y value and then plug in values to work out x

just learn the c1 ch4 transformations and apply them to the sin cos and tan graphs
mrdetermination
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by tazza ma razza)
just helps you with transformations of trig functions eg 3sinX or 4cosX/2 etc as you can read off a y value and then plug in values to work out x

just learn the c1 ch4 transformations and apply them to the sin cos and tan graphs
yh i understand that but does this connect with trig identitys
brianeverit
  • Study Helper
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mrdetermination)
The ability to sketch the trig graphs is a great help when solving equations or inequalities.
TenOfThem
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mrdetermination)
No it does not connect with trig identities it will be useful for finding solutions to a trig equation

TBH it is GCSE knowledge which is why there are no specific A Level questions on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (112)
58.64%
No (79)
41.36%

Watched Threads