The Student Room Group

AS History revision techniques

Hi! I'm finding it really hard to find any effective way to revise for AS History; I'm studying Russia in Revolution and Experience of Warfare in Britain. Any help would be much appreciated!
Original post by FreckledFeminist
Hi! I'm finding it really hard to find any effective way to revise for AS History; I'm studying Russia in Revolution and Experience of Warfare in Britain. Any help would be much appreciated!

I did those modules and honestly, the best way I found was to just write out notes from a textbook! Writing things out over and over will help you remember things. Also, use past paper questions and bullet point the things you'd include in each question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FreckledFeminist

Those are my as modules too :smile: How did you find the unit 1 exam on Wednesday? For the source paper I would do past papers (making sure you have a structure for both questions), read examiner's reports, read a variety of textbooks and type/write (which ever works best for you) notes on them. Also, if you haven't already try to get your hands on the 'my revision notes' revision guide by hodder education it's a God send!

P.s love your user names btw :smile: x
Reply 3
I pick an issue or question and use a ripple effect device where you have an event in the centre of your page and then span off how bigger impact you think that event had on other things, the closer the effect is to the event in the middle the bigger contributor the event had on its cause.

E.g Tsar leaving an inept government behind-------> inept government badly manages supplies-----> living standards become abhorrent -----> all loyalty of the tsarist system breaks down.

Butterfly flaps its wings and all that,small events lead to big changes
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi ,I want to suggest you about online tutoring ,Many sites provide online tutoring but I know some sites price is too high,I know two sites which price is very cheapest with providing best tutoring that is tutorpace and eduniche. once you try..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending