The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Is university of Reading lenient on their offers?

As the title says, just wondering if anyone who goes there got in with just missing their conditional offer, and if so by what margin and what was your entry requirement for your particular subject?
Original post by Just a Mike
As the title says, just wondering if anyone who goes there got in with just missing their conditional offer, and if so by what margin and what was your entry requirement for your particular subject?

I'm at Reading now, but I know others who got let in with lower grades.

Pharmacy is normally an ABB offer but people got let in with BBB/ABC

Don't expect them to be too lenient but after results day, they drop mostly one or two of your grades, but then again, it depends on how many spaces they have left to fill on the course and the recent results day have seen a drop in good exam results, hence why many people miss their offer but still are let in.

Hope this helps!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah sweet are you a first year? and well I firmed it for chemistry and i was wondering maybe if you have any friends that do Chemistry do they particularly enjoy it there? I had an interview there and i absolutely loved it! And please tell me more about the student life like the student union and which halls have parties and stuff etc :smile:
Ah sweet are you a first year? and well I firmed it for chemistry and i was wondering maybe if you have any friends that do Chemistry do they particularly enjoy it there? I had an interview there and i absolutely loved it! And please tell me more about the student life like the student union and which halls have parties and stuff etc :smile:

Yep, first year Pharmacy.

In my first term I shared lectures with the Chemistry students. I don't know any though. There's none in my flat / nearby flat :zomg:

Yeah, student life is awesome, no matter which halls you go, you will always be put with first year students and will always have flat parties etc

Are you referring to the Student Union nights? Yeah, they're really good, you're always bound to have good fun there. Good atmosphere.

What accommodation are you thinking of looking at?
Reply 4
Original post by James A
Yep, first year Pharmacy.

In my first term I shared lectures with the Chemistry students. I don't know any though. There's none in my flat / nearby flat :zomg:

Yeah, student life is awesome, no matter which halls you go, you will always be put with first year students and will always have flat parties etc

Are you referring to the Student Union nights? Yeah, they're really good, you're always bound to have good fun there. Good atmosphere.

What accommodation are you thinking of looking at?

I actually have no idea! I want to choose a place where I can live with a lot of people, maybe you could tell me which halls has the most people living there? I was looking at Stenton townhouses because i preferably want to cook on my own instead of catered. Me and my friend want to choose really lively halls where there are a lot of people!
I actually have no idea! I want to choose a place where I can live with a lot of people, maybe you could tell me which halls has the most people living there? I was looking at Stenton townhouses because i preferably want to cook on my own instead of catered. Me and my friend want to choose really lively halls where there are a lot of people!

Most of the halls in Reading are self-catered.

Have your pick here:

http://www.reading.ac.uk/life/accommodation/acclistofhalls.aspx

All the halls are lively, you just need to hope that you get put with other people who like to party too!
Reply 6
Happy yeah i suppose :smile: Really what i want to look for most is the amount of people you have in the hallway itself, like on the floor maybe do you know which one has the Most amount of people on that particular floor? Reason being is that my gf goes uni and she lives with like 10 people in her halls which is so cool and i kinda wanna be like her :redface:
Happy yeah i suppose :smile: Really what i want to look for most is the amount of people you have in the hallway itself, like on the floor maybe do you know which one has the Most amount of people on that particular floor? Reason being is that my gf goes uni and she lives with like 10 people in her halls which is so cool and i kinda wanna be like her :redface:

Stenton is either a 10 person flat or 8 person flat, so it's luck of the draw if you get put in the 8 person flat.

Or Stenton Townhouses which is 12 people per flat, but you have to share a bathroom. The choice is yours.

Also, it's highly unlikely that everyone in your flat are hard party goers! Some might come out for freshers week, but might go rarely to the clubs afterwards :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by James A
Stenton is either a 10 person flat or 8 person flat, so it's luck of the draw if you get put in the 8 person flat.

Or Stenton Townhouses which is 12 people per flat, but you have to share a bathroom. The choice is yours.

Also, it's highly unlikely that everyone in your flat are hard party goers! Some might come out for freshers week, but might go rarely to the clubs afterwards :tongue:

Haha well me and my friend are going to sit down and have a hard long think as to where we will choose (we want to be near each other) and are there events like every week? (At the Student Union)
Haha well me and my friend are going to sit down and have a hard long think as to where we will choose (we want to be near each other) and are there events like every week? (At the Student Union)

SU always hosts union nights, every Wednesday and Saturday of the week.
I'm looking to go to Reading and they want AAB (B in geography).
I am predicted to get A* A* in I.T BTEC, however I am likely to only get a C in geography. I fear this will stop me from getting into Reading.

Do people think I could get in with a C?
Original post by Kiwi002
I am predicted to get A* A* in I.T BTEC, however I am likely to only get a C in geography. I fear this will stop me from getting into Reading.

Possibly.

For me they wanted BBB for zoology and I got BBC and was still accepted. Plus the C was in biology.
Original post by Kiwi002

You haven't said what you want to study at Reading - if it's geography it's possible the B grade might be non-negotiable.

Otherwise, like others have said, it depends entirely on how well subscribed your particular course is. They are duty bound to offer places to people who have met their offer conditions first; if they still have spaces left after that they will start to look at people who have just missed theirs. It can take a little while for them to sort things out so there's the possibility you might be left in suspense for a few days after results day which is not much fun, but I'm sure they try to let everyone know as quickly as possible.

I hope you get the result you want - good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending