If a girl rejects you, is her decision final?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
If a guy asks a girl out and gets rejected, should he just disregard any possible hope that she would one day change her mind (perhaps in a few years) and say yes?
Kdenbro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Woman are a fickle bunch.

No.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's mostly dependent on your financial situation.
Ferris Bueller
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
If a guy asks a girl out and gets rejected, should he just disregard any possible hope that she would one day change her mind (perhaps in a few years) and say yes?
Nah. Sometimes girls say no because they don't fancy you, but that doesn't mean they won't after a few years of being able to charm them. I know loads of girls who changed their minds after a while.
Little Wolf Taima
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
90% of teh time I'd say yes. From experience being moal support to guys trying to 'win' a certain girl even years down the line it often ends up being the same answer.

Personally, I feel alot of pressure as a girl to 'be nice' and act grateful for any attention I get. If a guy does like me and I don't feel that way about him, I feel under incredible pressure to just go along with it, or say what he wants to hear. Even when I've been accosted in the street by strange older men and subsequently assaulted I felt GUILTY about it for not submitting.

So on the ONE occasion I had to straight up tell a guy 'no, I can't' it made me feel sick... I still feel awful about it and the awkwardness makes it even more unlikely that I could ever be comfortable around him. He tried to swoop on me whilst I was upset over someone who didn't want me and I knew giving in to someone whilst in an emotional vulnerable state (again) was not a good idea...

If a girl has to summon the strength to tell you no, then I don't think she would do it frivolously, and we are not a game. If you keep pressing 'retry' or continue' from the checkpoint, doesn't mean you'll 'win'. I'v had to learn this myself, and trust me, women do get friendzoned, There is the possibility she is just shy or afraid of getting hurt or hasn't had the chance to actually get to know you yet. If you've known eachother a while then you both already know what the deal is.
SR80
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yes, but don't confuse sour facial expressions for rejection or final rejection, that can just be playing hard to get.
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Win the lottery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LightBlueSoldier
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
90% of teh time I'd say yes. From experience being moal support to guys trying to 'win' a certain girl even years down the line it often ends up being the same answer.

Personally, I feel alot of pressure as a girl to 'be nice' and act grateful for any attention I get. If a guy does like me and I don't feel that way about him, I feel under incredible pressure to just go along with it, or say what he wants to hear. Even when I've been accosted in the street by strange older men and subsequently assaulted I felt GUILTY about it for not submitting.

So on the ONE occasion I had to straight up tell a guy 'no, I can't' it made me feel sick... I still feel awful about it and the awkwardness makes it even more unlikely that I could ever be comfortable around him. He tried to swoop on me whilst I was upset over someone who didn't want me and I knew giving in to someone whilst in an emotional vulnerable state (again) was not a good idea...

If a girl has to summon the strength to tell you no, then I don't think she would do it frivolously, and we are not a game. If you keep pressing 'retry' or continue' from the checkpoint, doesn't mean you'll 'win'. I'v had to learn this myself, and trust me, women do get friendzoned, There is the possibility she is just shy or afraid of getting hurt or hasn't had the chance to actually get to know you yet. If you've known eachother a while then you both already know what the deal is.
You have a terrible attitude. Be honest, and definitely don't feel guilty about rejecting creepy old guys. Honesty is good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Let me flip that for you

If a girl asks a guy out and gets rejected, should she just disregard any possible hope that he would one day change his mind (perhaps in a few years) and say yes?

How would you answer that?

Or put it this way, if a girl asked you out and you said no, is there a chance you'd change your mind?

Girls aren't a different species to guys, we're not aliens, we knock people back for a whole bunch of reasons just the same as guys. Could she possibly change her mind? Yes. Is that likely? Probably not. Best thing is to just move on.
James222
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yea pretty much, she will feel guilty and try to remain friends at best or at worst start avoiding you
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It can happen but don't set your life around it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lougarou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No is no. No might change in time, but don't expect it. If anything you'll probably lower your chances and make things awkward for her by thinking or talking about it more.
S1elyak1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes she can change her mind but it's not very likely, there must reasons why she didn't like you in the first place.
LJStudent
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The majority of the time, no is a final answer. I can imagine a girl getting quite frustrated when the same guy she already declined a while ago trying to get with her again. Of course, it is possible for her to change her mind but I wouldn't count on it. The best thing you can do (if this has already happened) is move on and find a new potential mate #attenboroughed
lougarou
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LJStudent)
The majority of the time, no is a final answer. I can imagine a girl getting quite frustrated when the same guy she already declined a while ago trying to get with her again. Of course, it is possible for her to change her mind but I wouldn't count on it. The best thing you can do (if this has already happened) is move on and find a new potential mate #attenboroughed
Its like going to a restaurant and being asked if you want a drink, and you say no, but the waiter keeps giving you a wine menu when he passes anyway, not paying attention when you suggest it won't go with the meal or you don't drink, or you just plain don't want it.
LJStudent
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lougarou)
Its like going to a restaurant and being asked if you want a drink, and you say no, but the waiter keeps giving you a wine menu when he passes anyway, not paying attention when you suggest it won't go with the meal or you don't drink, or you just plain don't want it.
Wise one you are.
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lougarou)
Decent explanation , Though if the OP were to self improve and get in abundance with women his circumstances would change and it is likely the said girls impression of him would also .

Scenario continued -

Then later in the night when your dying of thirst the waiter happens to walk by with a jug of water , you call out his name but he's too busy serving multiple girls more attractive and appealing then you.
lougarou
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why would I want to drink water some random food service guy is pouring over a bunch of women? That jug seems pretty suspect.
Ironman106
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It can happen but I wouldnt wait around. I had 2 girls come back to me after I asked them out initially. Both of them said "no, lets just be friends", at the start.

One came back after 6 years! We were close friends though and we kept in touch. I dated other girls but this girl had 3 relationships that lasted 2 years each and then one night she messaged me to go out with her!

The other girl I stopped talking to for about 6 months and then came back to ask me out again.

It really depends how things ended and how you deal with things. In both incidences I never waited around. They just came back on their own accord.

You can force attraction. A lot of people either mature, or through time see what kind of person you are or they are merely settling for you. I say settling becuase both girls I knew had been treated badly only for them to relise through the passage of time I never mucked them about and were completely genuine.

That sait a woman needs to find you attractive though. Its no good if you arent her type so the best thing is to move on.
grape:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd imagine it to be rare for a woman to change her mind...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (4)
30.77%
No - I have already returned home (1)
7.69%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (5)
38.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads