The Student Room Group

Greggs or Primark

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has worked with either Greggs or Primark or both and has any experiences they would like to share good/bad.

Today I had an interview for both, not expecting to get both but hopefully one, but if the situation did happen however unlikely, that I was offered both, I obviously wouldn't have much time to make a decision, so just looking for opinions and past experiences now.

Greggs pay £6.62 Primark £6.31 but that doesn't bother me to much, if at all. I am more concerned with what I will enjoy more.

Also if anyone has a interview lined up with either company and are curious what was asked just leave a message + I will help where I can.

Thanks
Greggs for the win, imagine the lunch breaks. Ohhhhhhhhhh :wink:
Haven't worked at either but greggs always seems unorganised during the bust periods.

What are the contracted hours for each?
I've done enough min wage type retail jobs to know that they're all much of a muchness in that how much you get on well with it often comes down to the shop manager. For instance you could work in a new look in a quiet shopping town and love it or you could work for the same company at a majorly busy time in a massive store with crap management and hate it.

I do think greggs looks more hectic than primark but you can never tell.

Take the shop opening hours and ease/time/cost of travel into account :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Original post by laurakate1988
I've done enough min wage type retail jobs to know that they're all much of a muchness in that how much you get on well with it often comes down to the shop manager. For instance you could work in a new look in a quiet shopping town and love it or you could work for the same company at a majorly busy time in a massive store with crap management and hate it.

I do think greggs looks more hectic than primark but you can never tell.

Take the shop opening hours and ease/time/cost of travel into account :smile:

Both are on the same street in a City center both seem hectic but I guess your right will all depend on the management.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Greggs for the win, imagine the lunch breaks. Ohhhhhhhhhh :wink:

well, sound like the options as need to be definitely Greggs. :colondollar:
Reply 6
NOT PRIMARK. You will most likely just be on department folding clothes for your entire shift if it gets quiet (even if you are assigned as a till operator).
I guess you will have already decided by now, but just in case you haven't...I have personally have worked at Specsavers, Boots and Greggs. Greggs has by far been the best, it can be very early mornings depending on your shops opening hours and your shift pattern but it is (surprisingly) really good fun as a part time job! I'm on a 4 hour contract, which sounds ridiculous but its great because on weeks when i want to work more hours and have the time I can do 16/20 and then during exams/deadlines/freshers ect. I can just do my 4 hours. I would highly recommend it over Primark- I have friends that work there and hate it!
Reply 8
Greggs over Primark

I work at Greggs and although some have early hours and it can get quite busy and tiring at times, it's a good job

I like the fact that the teams aren't very big (In my shop, max of 4 people working at once) it makes things easier

My friend works at Primark and he hates it, all he does is clean and re-organise shelves

It seems different departments are always competing with another (In an immature way)

But then again if you can deals with those then I guess it's fine :smile:
Work for Greggs. I work at Primark and having to pick up after customers throwing clothes everywhere is extremely tiresome and annoying.
Go for Greggs

Every time I've been in Primark the staff look stressed and miserable

But Greggs are always friendly, plus pay is better
I worked for Greggs for 3 years. Absolutely loved it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending