FRESHERS? Thinking about attending Lincoln in September 2014? Watch

C0nfused_Student
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This is basically for general Freshers talk about Lincoln University. Just though i would start a chain for people thinking about attending the University this September, and maybe for some people to make friends in the process.

However, can each new person to post in this chain please state what course they are hoping to be studying.

Me first - Hoping to be studying Business and Marketing

Thanks
AJ5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm looking to attend Lincoln in Sep but I can't find any information on the 2014 Freshers week, also I've heard Lincoln freshers is 2 weeks in the past but I could be wrong. Found anything info on the line-up?

I'm hoping to study animation!
rossco95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am also looking to join Lincoln and i have not heard anything about freshers week yet.
I am hoping to study History
Charlottebahnam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm studying marketing too!
AliJDB
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Guys! I'm going to be studying Journalism and Public Relations in September. I've tried having a look for information about freshers (even for what happened last year) but there doesn't seem to be much info about! I'm not going to be staying in halls so I'm a bit worried I'll be wondering around alone for freshers!
BethanE
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm hoping to get into Lincoln in September and I'm going to study psychology can't wait for freshers week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
C0nfused_Student
Rep:
?
I haven't heard much in terms of line-up of evens for freshers either; although i think thats pretty common for alot of Uni's until nearer the time. Lincoln is meant to be a good night out though with decent night life in general.

Have you all firmed yet? The Uni I was hoping to have as my insurance discontinued the course so I'm indecisive as to whether i should apply for another or just take the pic out of the remaining offers.

Also, Single or Joint honours Charlotte? May see you on my course!
Charlottebahnam
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by C0nfused_Student)
I haven't heard much in terms of line-up of evens for freshers either; although i think thats pretty common for alot of Uni's until nearer the time. Lincoln is meant to be a good night out though with decent night life in general.

Have you all firmed yet? The Uni I was hoping to have as my insurance discontinued the course so I'm indecisive as to whether i should apply for another or just take the pic out of the remaining offers.

Also, Single or Joint honours Charlotte? May see you on my course!
Single honours
C0nfused_Student
Rep:
?
(Original post by AliJDB)
Hi Guys! I'm going to be studying Journalism and Public Relations in September. I've tried having a look for information about freshers (even for what happened last year) but there doesn't seem to be much info about! I'm not going to be staying in halls so I'm a bit worried I'll be wondering around alone for freshers!
As an update to my previous post, I think the best source of information at the moment would be facebook... I wouldn't be worried about wondering around alone for freshers though, Im sure lots will be in your position.
Plus practically everyone in freshers week is going to be looking to make friends so i'm sure you will find a few people to hang out with pretty quick.

Or you could look for people on either here or facebook or something who will be a lincoln fresher, get pally with them and arrange to meet up.

Hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
C0nfused_Student
Rep:
?
(Original post by Charlottebahnam)
Single honours
Oh, Im doing joint honours with business... May still be in a few of the same lectures tho but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
naomicube
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wont be living in halls either so i'm a bit worried too.
I'll be studying Contemporary Lens Media
AliJDB
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by C0nfused_Student)
As an update to my previous post, I think the best source of information at the moment would be facebook... I wouldn't be worried about wondering around alone for freshers though, Im sure lots will be in your position.
Plus practically everyone in freshers week is going to be looking to make friends so i'm sure you will find a few people to hang out with pretty quick.

Or you could look for people on either here or facebook or something who will be a lincoln fresher, get pally with them and arrange to meet up.

Hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope so! Thank you for your help

(Original post by naomicube)
I wont be living in halls either so i'm a bit worried too.
I'll be studying Contemporary Lens Media
At least someone shares my worries! Are you staying at home or have you found somewhere else to stay? If you need someone to wander with I'll be around!
naomicube
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At least someone shares my worries! Are you staying at home or have you found somewhere else to stay? If you need someone to wander with I'll be around!
I'm staying at home, you?
AliJDB
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm staying at home, you?
Same, I just moved to Market Rasen (about half an hours drive away) but the lack of parking at uni is starting to worry me! I asked if they do student parking permits and they said they do but I can't access them until I have a student log in for the website and no one will tell me exactly what they cover/how much they cost.
naomicube
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Same, I just moved to Market Rasen (about half an hours drive away) but the lack of parking at uni is starting to worry me! I asked if they do student parking permits and they said they do but I can't access them until I have a student log in for the website and no one will tell me exactly what they cover/how much they cost.
ahh, well I live in Lincoln so I just plan on getting a bus or taking a very long walk. My friend's sister lived in halls but left the car at her parents house because it was a bit too expensive to keep it parked somewhere
AliJDB
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ahh, well I live in Lincoln so I just plan on getting a bus or taking a very long walk. My friend's sister lived in halls but left the car at her parents house because it was a bit too expensive to keep it parked somewhere
Yeah, there are buses and trains from where I am, but some days they stop really early, so it will depend what the schedule looks like I suppose. Will be interesting!
Jadekaii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I'm hoping to join Lincoln in September ! Found the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FreshersLincoln2014

I'm studying Graphic Design
mostafa1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got offers from University of Lincoln and university of Huddersfield for mechanical engineering and I am still confused which university is better !!
Oddities
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya! I'm hoping to study at Lincoln... And it'll be History.
Geo21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll be studying Animal behaviour and welfare in September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (42)
13.59%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.41%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (62)
20.06%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.24%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (37)
11.97%
How can I be the best version of myself? (98)
31.72%

Watched Threads