The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies A2 Exams 2014 (11th June and 19th June)

Hey!
This is for anyone sitting AQA Religious Studies in the summer. There's a load of options for this but I've seen most people sit Philosophy or Ethics for RST3 and Life, Death and Beyond or Religious Experience for RST4, anyone doing anything different? I'm doing Ethics and Life, Death and Beyond. Hope revision is going well!

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Hello :smile:

I'm doing both AS and A2 - AS in May; A2 in June eeek!

I'm hoping to use mindmaps to help me revise; I have a couple of books as well to highlight the important info. Any other tips?

I'm doing Religion and Ethics 1 and 2; Philosophy of Religion and Life Beyond Death :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Hello :smile:

I'm doing both AS and A2 - AS in May; A2 in June eeek!

I'm hoping to use mindmaps to help me revise; I have a couple of books as well to highlight the important info. Any other tips?

I'm doing Religion and Ethics 1 and 2; Philosophy of Religion and Life Beyond Death :smile:

Hello :smile:. How is your revision going? That's a challenge doing all of the units then but I'm sure you'll do great! The examiner reports on AQA are a great way to see how you need to answer the questions and provide great tips to get better marks :smile:
Hey guys :smile:
I'm taking the 'Life, Death and Beyond' question and I'm so glad I found others doing it too!
My teacher is pretty much incompetent and I amso unprepared for this exam because of him! It’s evenworse because my teacher last year was amazing and with this one now I have nochance of getting my predicted grade!

I’m sorry to be so annoying but do either of you have anynotes you could possibly send me? I know it’s a bit forward to ask but I’mgenuinely getting desperate and I don’t have time to find all the resources,learn then and practise writing them in the time up to the exam. I’m so nervous,and any resources/notes at all would be amazing. Thank you for reading this!
I'm doing the same, and I'm really scared because my teacher is rubbish and have no clue about it, could someone please email or reply with links of where I can get descriptive revision books or resources please
Original post by richarddawkins
Hey guys :smile:
I'm taking the 'Life, Death and Beyond' question and I'm so glad I found others doing it too!
My teacher is pretty much incompetent and I amso unprepared for this exam because of him! It’s evenworse because my teacher last year was amazing and with this one now I have nochance of getting my predicted grade!

I’m sorry to be so annoying but do either of you have anynotes you could possibly send me? I know it’s a bit forward to ask but I’mgenuinely getting desperate and I don’t have time to find all the resources,learn then and practise writing them in the time up to the exam. I’m so nervous,and any resources/notes at all would be amazing. Thank you for reading this!

Luckily my teacher is angel and prepares quite good notes for us to use, although these are only a start as we're expected to largely research synoptic topics for ourselves? They're still really good though, you could use them in an exam and get an A*.

Shall I send you them??
Any predictions as to what will come up on unit 4?

I'm thinking eschatology and importance of this life but I always get sceptical when topics can be predicted so easily :')
Reply 8
Original post by RyanStraker1995
Any predictions as to what will come up on unit 4?

I'm thinking eschatology and importance of this life but I always get sceptical when topics can be predicted so easily :')

I also have a feeling about eschatology/apocalypse, and I really hope it comes up! So much easier to write about as it's just secular theories then stuff like millenarianism, tribulation, rapture, judgement, realised eschatology compared to things like death which are everywhere!
Original post by Onoderas
I also have a feeling about eschatology/apocalypse, and I really hope it comes up! So much easier to write about as it's just secular theories then stuff like millenarianism, tribulation, rapture, judgement, realised eschatology compared to things like death which are everywhere!

Yeah my teacher said that! It seems to be quite a standalone topic compared to all the others. Everything else links in with each other but eschatology is really unique.
Argghhh 1 week to go before AS exams. Eeek!
Reply 11
Yeah my teacher said that! It seems to be quite a standalone topic compared to all the others. Everything else links in with each other but eschatology is really unique.

Yeah it is! It's so straightforward I would know exactly what to write and examining the views is straightforward too as you can talk about how it affect's the lives of people who believe it etc (like Evangelicals preaching to save people). Stuff like the nature of human life becomes too easy to go off on a tangent about death etc, luckily I managed to stay on track in my mock so hopefully in the real exam too! What do you do for unit 3?

Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Argghhh 1 week to go before AS exams. Eeek!

Good luck!
Yeah it is! It's so straightforward I would know exactly what to write and examining the views is straightforward too as you can talk about how it affect's the lives of people who believe it etc (like Evangelicals preaching to save people). Stuff like the nature of human life becomes too easy to go off on a tangent about death etc, luckily I managed to stay on track in my mock so hopefully in the real exam too! What do you do for unit 3?

Yeah we looked at an A* eschatology response and I was quite shocked at how little skill you needed, she was literally just writing all she knew.

And I do 3B, the one with body and soul, religious language, evil etc. Yourself??
Reply 13

Yeah we looked at an A* eschatology response and I was quite shocked at how little skill you needed, she was literally just writing all she knew.

And I do 3B, the one with body and soul, religious language, evil etc. Yourself??

Same here! We saw an answer like that too and I didn't even think it was that great but it got an amazing mark. Same with another on the nature and value of human life that did about 10 lines on value and got 38/45?

You do the interesting one! I wanted to do Philosophy, we do 3A and learn Virtue Ethics and Religious Views on Sexual Behavior and Human Relationships (the worst topic).
Hey, I'm doing philosophy and Buddhism! though they're both on the same day... and straight after each other! Good luck!
Same here! We saw an answer like that too and I didn't even think it was that great but it got an amazing mark. Same with another on the nature and value of human life that did about 10 lines on value and got 38/45?

You do the interesting one! I wanted to do Philosophy, we do 3A and learn Virtue Ethics and Religious Views on Sexual Behavior and Human Relationships (the worst topic).

Yeah haha I seen the 3A topic choices and was glad my teacher picked the one we do! Although I sort of wish we could do traditional religious modules like old and new testaments, all the stuff I've done is philosophy of religion :smile:
Reply 16
Yeah haha I seen the 3A topic choices and was glad my teacher picked the one we do! Although I sort of wish we could do traditional religious modules like old and new testaments, all the stuff I've done is philosophy of religion :smile:

We were going to do Science and Technology but dropped that so it could have been worse haha! Which topics do you do from Philosophy? I would have loved to have done The Problem of Evil and The Ontological Argument. Same here though, I would have loved to have done either old/new testament, contemporary society or something on Hinduism!
We were going to do Science and Technology but dropped that so it could have been worse haha! Which topics do you do from Philosophy? I would have loved to have done The Problem of Evil and The Ontological Argument. Same here though, I would have loved to have done either old/new testament, contemporary society or something on Hinduism!

I was so unlucky because my teacher had done The Ontological Argument up until she started teaching our year, which is when she switched to Religious Language (she teaches three of the four), which is excruciatingly boring! I was really looking forward to the OA too because I find arguments for God's existence fascinating.

And yeah same! Religious Education has far too much bias in favour of Christianity! All my teacher teaches is Christian teachings! (Although in her defence she is a Christian Priest haha) :smile:
Reply 18
I was so unlucky because my teacher had done The Ontological Argument up until she started teaching our year, which is when she switched to Religious Language (she teaches three of the four), which is excruciatingly boring! I was really looking forward to the OA too because I find arguments for God's existence fascinating.

And yeah same! Religious Education has far too much bias in favour of Christianity! All my teacher teaches is Christian teachings! (Although in her defence she is a Christian Priest haha) :smile:

That's so unlucky :frown:. Why did she stop teaching the OA? I would much prefer that over Religious Language as arguments about the existence of God are one of the best parts of Theology in my opinion :P. I can imagine Religious Language being boring though! It must be stuff like bliks and Wittgenstein (if that's even how you spell it)...

You're right though! All we've mainly focused on is Christianity and sometimes dipped into Islam/Hinduism to contrast for RST4A (I've got some stuff on Shintoism and death too just for anything extra in case I go blank), but like you said to be fair I go to a Christian academy and my teacher is a trained priest too haha.
That's so unlucky :frown:. Why did she stop teaching the OA? I would much prefer that over Religious Language as arguments about the existence of God are one of the best parts of Theology in my opinion :P. I can imagine Religious Language being boring though! It must be stuff like bliks and Wittgenstein (if that's even how you spell it)...

You're right though! All we've mainly focused on is Christianity and sometimes dipped into Islam/Hinduism to contrast for RST4A (I've got some stuff on Shintoism and death too just for anything extra in case I go blank), but like you said to be fair I go to a Christian academy and my teacher is a trained priest too haha.

Because she's a marker and last year she marked the 3B paper for the first time - she noticed how little you need to know for religious language compared to the Ontological Argument. It's funny though because halfway through we were all dying of boredom, she got so much stick for switching. She says she won't but I bet any money she goes back to teaching the OA :')

And are you doing it at Uni? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest