One night stand gone wrong

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I met a girl on a night out a few days ago and obviously it was meant to just be a one night stand, but when I was with her it felt like a bit more than just sex. When she was still drunk she told me she wanted to go out on a proper date and things. Then the next day we were talking a lot in bed, she was kissing me randomly and was properly snuggled into me and she acted like she didn't want me to leave.

Then when I did leave she told me to drop her a text and stuff so I eventually did text her but she stopped the conversation half way through and I haven't heard from her since. I don't want to seem needy and text her again but I can't get her out of my head and I wanna see her again.
username1332537
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just text her again and ask her on a date.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met a girl on a night out a few days ago and obviously it was meant to just be a one night stand, but when I was with her it felt like a bit more than just sex. When she was still drunk she told me she wanted to go out on a proper date and things. Then the next day we were talking a lot in bed, she was kissing me randomly and was properly snuggled into me and she acted like she didn't want me to leave.

Then when I did leave she told me to drop her a text and stuff so I eventually did text her but she stopped the conversation half way through and I haven't heard from her since. I don't want to seem needy and text her again but I can't get her out of my head and I wanna see her again.
I met my girlfriend on a ONS, so it can work out Are you at uni? I just text her when I was out, like at the club we met at, and bumped into her a couple of times, then just invited her out for a drink.
SuperDuperNoob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Forget her. It was a one night stand.
[email protected]
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You wont seem needy at all. What is it with this day and age and people worrying about their 'street cred' and texting/calling first! Tell her how you feel, lay your cards on the table. The way you described she was acting seems like she likes you too. If she didn't, she would have 'done the deed', got up next morning and left. Just text her and ask her out for drinks or something.. After all, what have you got to lose?
Ade9000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Let it go, mate. Plenty more fish in the sea.
SoftPunch
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She probably stopped the conversation because another ONS came through.
awe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
You wont seem needy at all. What is it with this day and age and people worrying about their 'street cred' and texting/calling first! Tell her how you feel, lay your cards on the table. The way you described she was acting seems like she likes you too. If she didn't, she would have 'done the deed', got up next morning and left. Just text her and ask her out for drinks or something.. After all, what have you got to lose?
Absolutely this.

Don't be afraid to show how you feel, there is nothing worse than pretending to be 'cool' and playing games in the hopes that that is better... how would that ever be better? P: Just give it a go. If it doesn't work and she doesn't reciprocate, fine, it's over, but you don't know until you try.
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with all the advice about just texting her outright. What's the worst that could happen?

I want to add a thought which sounds sanctimonious but arises primarily because of my own experiences: one night stands are normally unfulfilling. If you meet someone you like on a night out, instead of asking them back to your place, ask them for a date. True, you'll potentially miss out on a night of (probably forgettable) sex. But you stand to gain a genuine relationship.

The model of dating prior to sleeping together may seem out-of-date but it does offer a lot of advantages. Hopefully this works out for the OP but if not, perhaps consider a different strategy next time around. It may also hurt less if it the relationship should sour.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Lotus_Eater)
I agree with all the advice about just texting her outright. What's the worst that could happen?

I want to add a thought which sounds sanctimonious but arises primarily because of my own experiences: one night stands are normally unfulfilling. If you meet someone you like on a night out, instead of asking them back to your place, ask them for a date. True, you'll potentially miss out on a night of (probably forgettable) sex. But you stand to gain a genuine relationship.

The model of dating prior to sleeping together may seem out-of-date but it does offer a lot of advantages. Hopefully this works out for the OP but if not, perhaps consider a different strategy next time around. It may also hurt less if it the relationship should sour.
Yeahh I think I'll definitely drop her a text, if she ignores me then I can get over it.

I agree with that ONS are usually unfulfilling and I usually wouldn't give it a second thought but there was something different about this one!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.25%
No - I have already returned home (21)
13.13%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (34)
21.25%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.75%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed