How good of a chance do I have of acceptance to Waterloo CS Co-op (Gave A Levels)?

Watch
AliNSiddiqui
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I'm applying to Computer Science (Undergrad) with co-op at Waterloo and I am wondering about my chances of acceptance.
My IGCSE grades are 3A* and 3A, my AS grades are BBB (In Math, Physics, and Chemistry), and my extracurriculars involve Cisco certifications like CCNA, CCNP Security, and CCIE Security (for those that don't know, these are networking technical certificates)
I got predicted AAB for A2. So what do you guys think my chances are?
zero_gravity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AliNSiddiqui)
Hi, I'm applying to Computer Science (Undergrad) with co-op at Waterloo and I am wondering about my chances of acceptance.
My IGCSE grades are 3A* and 3A, my AS grades are BBB (In Math, Physics, and Chemistry), and my extracurriculars involve Cisco certifications like CCNA, CCNP Security, and CCIE Security (for those that don't know, these are networking technical certificates)
I got predicted AAA for A2. So what do you guys think my chances are?
I think you are competitive enough to be admitted in. Given your grades, it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck!
AliNSiddiqui
Rep:
?
(Original post by zero_Gravity91)
I think you are competitive enough to be admitted in. Given your grades, it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck!
My predicted grades got changed to AAB... what do you think my chances are now? :P
zero_gravity
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My predicted grades got changed to AAB... what do you think my chances are now? :P
I still think you are considered competitive, so I believe you have a high chance of being admitted.
AliNSiddiqui
Rep:
?
(Original post by zero_Gravity91)
I still think you are considered competitive, so I believe you have a high chance of being admitted.
Okay, I hope you're right. I have a couple of questions I hope you can answer:

1. On Quest, in the documents section, do I put the school transcript or my A Level transcript?

2. Do the grades on conditional offers depend on predicted grades? For instance, I got predicted AAB, so if I get a conditional offer, will it be on the basis of AAB or will it be something they decide?
zero_gravity
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Okay, I hope you're right. I have a couple of questions I hope you can answer:

1. On Quest, in the documents section, do I put the school transcript or my A Level transcript?

2. Do the grades on conditional offers depend on predicted grades? For instance, I got predicted AAB, so if I get a conditional offer, will it be on the basis of AAB or will it be something they decide?
Do you have your A-level transcript right now? If not, put your school transcript. Send Waterloo your A-level transcript once you finished them.

It will depend on your predicted grades. It will be best not to get too low, or else they might consider revoking your admission.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (696)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.48%

Watched Threads