is there any female who HASN'T been asked their number on the street by a creep? Watch

bansheeee*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
or does it happen to everyone no matter how ugly?
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i've never been asked for my number by a creep, but I also don't go out much lol
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope, never
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any that aren't hot.

Funny how it's creepy if it's an unattractive guy, but if a good looking guy does it no one seems to be bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
traintracks1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MidnightDream)
Nope, never
Only by guys on TSR ?
xMr_BrightSide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why does it make them a creep? Surely it's flattering to be found attractive...
daisychain_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't
BoyWithTheThorn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ann Widdecombe?
iJess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't fortunately
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I recently thought, for the first time in my life, I was being chatted up on the street. Turned out it was one of those charity activists not wearing uniform. Mortifying.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Me.
ronmack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm the creepy guy, oops
Basmaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
Why does it make them a creep? Surely it's flattering to be found attractive...
But the way they show it is creepy and, most of the time, rude.
Basmaa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I once walked out of Subway and a car passing by slowed down, then a guy stuck his head out and threw a paper with his phone number at me.. All while making wooowing noises, of course.
Little Wolf Taima
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by majmuh24)
Any that aren't hot.

Funny how it's creepy if it's an unattractive guy, but if a good looking guy does it no one seems to be bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No it's just as creepy if they have the 'entitlement attitude' and a complete stranger, no matter how handsome' is trying to pressure you into things because you're supposed to just a submissive like a good little girl.

If someone is just genuinely being complimentary and starts having a chat with you in the street and is interested in you as a person, not just trying to get you in the back of their car and telling you you should suck their **** or otherwise being intimidating, it's a different matter no matter what they look like. So many guys act like they have a right to control me or make me hand over my number and tell them where I'm going/where I live just because he saw me. It makes me feel awkward and vulnerable.
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
No it's just as creepy if they have the 'entitlement attitude' and a complete stranger, no matter how handsome' is trying to pressure you into things because you're supposed to just a submissive like a good little girl.

If someone is just genuinely being complimentary and starts having a chat with you in the street and is interested in you as a person, not just trying to get you in the back of their car and telling you you should suck their **** or otherwise being intimidating, it's a different matter no matter what they look like. So many guys act like they have a right to control me or make me hand over my number and tell them where I'm going/where I live just because he saw me. It makes me feel awkward and vulnerable.
To be fair, if a guy randomly started talking to you in the street, what else would you expect him to be interested in aside from sex? You might be a very interesting person in your own right, but he doesn't know that, so he will obviously be going purely on looks.
username1382288
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
If someone is just genuinely being complimentary and starts having a chat with you in the street and is interested in you as a person,
Really? I've always been under the impression that showing an interest in a girl on the street without already knowing them is a sure-fire way to get Mace'd/questioned by PCSOs. So some people would be open to the idea of having someone express an interest in them out of the blue, then? O_O

(Original post by yo radical one)
To be fair, if a guy randomly started talking to you in the street, what else would you expect him to be interested in aside from sex? You might be a very interesting person in your own right, but he doesn't know that, so he will obviously be going purely on looks.
Depends on the context. To use a pretty cliched example, say you met a girl who you saw walking out of a bookshop. If you asked them about the kind of things they enjoy reading, how would they react? Obviously a lot of it would be based on how they look and present themselves, but there's still enough to give some indication of their personality!
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel sorry for them tbh. It's none of the man's business (but somehow he is never told that...)
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No wonder some guys suffer from such confidence issues when the society in which they live in breeds fear within them .

What I imagine goes through some lads heads :

Example A

Hmm should I talk to this fit girl walking down the road ? Oh my god shes so hot

Brain :

Nahh she's probably going to think im a creep or a rapist ...

Example B

Dayummm this girl at my bus stop is fly as hell , I wonder what she's doing today . Should I talk to her ?

Brain : Are you nuts ? You don't talk to any girls unless you already know them . She's going to think your a creep or a rapist man ...

Isn't it wierd how things have become ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.88%
No I am happy with my course choice (491)
58.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.53%

Watched Threads