is there any female who HASN'T been asked their number on the street by a creep? Watch

This discussion is closed.
itssimplyme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not on the street, but when I've been on public transport.
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
No wonder some guys suffer from such confidence issues when the society in which they live in breeds fear within them .

What I imagine goes through some lads heads :

Example A

Hmm should I talk to this fit girl walking down the road ? Oh my god shes so hot

Brain :

Nahh she's probably going to think im a creep or a rapist ...

Example B

Dayummm this girl at my bus stop is fly as hell , I wonder what she's doing today . Should I talk to her ?

Brain : Are you nuts ? You don't talk to any girls unless you already know them . She's going to think your a creep or a rapist man ...

Isn't it wierd how things have become ?
I think a lot of guys think their own sexuality is a bad thing, as if liking a girl because she is beautiful is disgusting and something to be hidden away. So long as the man doesn't try to force her, he should just accept rejection and even scorn from the woman, if it all goes badly, what's the worst that could happen? Literally nothing, he never talks with her again and moves on with his life.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've had people try and hit on me in the streets but never had anyone ask for my number.
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some guy cornered me in a park when no one was around and basically made me give him my number because he called the number I gave him to check if it was right before he'd let me leave
yennibubs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
Some guy cornered me in a park when no one was around and basically made me give him my number because he called the number I gave him to check if it was right before he'd let me leave
I had that too. It's pretty scary sometimes. I rather it just never happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by yennibubs)
I had that too. It's pretty scary sometimes. I rather it just never happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too, he then followed me to work and hung around til finishing time so I had to get a lift home from my boss while he was calling me all the while. It is very intimidating.
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by yo radical one)
I think a lot of guys think their own sexuality is a bad thing, as if liking a girl because she is beautiful is disgusting and something to be hidden away. So long as the man doesn't try to force her, he should just accept rejection and even scorn from the woman, if it all goes badly, what's the worst that could happen? Literally nothing, he never talks with her again and moves on with his life.
Exactly , I don't know if its perhaps because of rape , sexual harrasment etc which are caused by men and make everyone else feel guilty or something .
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sort of - but he wanted to be friends (I'm not interested in him in that way either) rather than a relationship. It now means I've got someone IRL to talk to about computer games.
Chihiro95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No wonder some guys suffer from such confidence issues when the society in which they live in breeds fear within them .

Example A

Hmm should I talk to this fit girl walking down the road ? Oh my god shes so hot

Brain :

Example B

Dayummm this girl at my bus stop is fly as hell , I wonder what she's doing today . Should I talk to her ?

Brain : Are you nuts ? You don't talk to any girls unless you already know them . She's going to think your a creep or a rapist man ...

Well no one has the right to anyone's time no matter the intention.
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not on the street, no. At least not as far as I remember
tnetennba
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
unfortunately nobody has been so polite to ask for my number. the men I encounter tend to leap in head-first, by either grabbing my boobs/bum, or simply following me home.
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That sounds terrifying! If anyone was wondering, the above is a clear example of someone being creepy.
esjae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nah, been cat called a lot though
3packing
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Little Wolf Taima)
and is interested in you as a person
Those people might exist, but while people are walking on the street that's just not practical, and you've got to desperate to get to know a person simply walking by. There should be enough relationships with the opposite sex within your social circle, you don't have to go and make other people feel awkward in your attempt to pull strangers. When I worked in face-to-face sales, our boss told us never to follow or walk with the people we're talking to. It legally constitutes harassment.
yennibubs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Me too, he then followed me to work and hung around til finishing time so I had to get a lift home from my boss while he was calling me all the while. It is very intimidating.
Urghh! That's creepy!! Luckily mine left me alone after I gave my number and then tried adding me on Facebook that night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bansheeee*
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago

Example A

Brain :

Example B

thats exactly the way it should be. why the hell would you think its okay to walk up to someone you don't know and won't leave them alone till they give you their number? Who do men think they are??
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by esjae)
Nah, been cat called a lot though
I have this idea of some guy offering you a saucer of milk and waving some string at you, expecting you to chase it
AreebWithaHat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've seen pics of some of the girls saying they got approached and I can guarantee they're lying.

They're average/below average and some random guy would take time out of his day to try and chat them up? Doubt it...

some *****es are too far up their arse.
superduper9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've come across so many pretty girls that I would have loved to talk to, genuinely in getting to know them. But, it's seen as creepy if you strike up a conversation on the street or in any general public place with someone you don't know. And I totally understand this. However, it seems such a pity that I have to let her slip away. Even today, I saw this really pretty girl when on the train - while the heart says go for it, the brains says no! Unfortunate situation we face.
Little Wolf Taima
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sierraoneseven)
Really? I've always been under the impression that showing an interest in a girl on the street without already knowing them is a sure-fire way to get Mace'd/questioned by PCSOs. So some people would be open to the idea of having someone express an interest in them out of the blue, then? O_O

Depends on the context. To use a pretty cliched example, say you met a girl who you saw walking out of a bookshop. If you asked them about the kind of things they enjoy reading, how would they react? Obviously a lot of it would be based on how they look and present themselves, but there's still enough to give some indication of their personality!
Doing the things i described in the earlier part of my post (being threatening or telling a girl why she should get in your car and suck your ****) warrants being maced.

It's generally considered weird for anyone in the UK to talk to a stranger in the street but IF you are going to do it, like something about them intrigues you then talk to them.

Yes I know 90% of the time a guy is only going to talk to me randomly because he wants sex from me, I kind of gathered that from enough random assaults, but I have made friends from someone liking a nerdy t shirt I'm wearing or noticing a keyring or seeing me drawing at the bus stop or stuff like that, similar to your bookshop scenario. You can indeed tell alot about people's personality from how they present themselves.

If someone was interested in my choice of reading material I would be very happy and take it as a promising sign that the person is also interesting, interested in me as a person and not just the vagina. In which case I don't feel at all pressured, guilty or debased by giving him the vagina because I want to. Not because he would rather be aggressive or leer at me than talk to me like a human being.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (16)
17.2%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (13)
13.98%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (23)
24.73%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (34)
36.56%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (1)
1.08%
No particular grades needed (6)
6.45%