How to answer 24 mark questions in history A-level AQA

Watch
Danielb7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How do you answer 24 markers? I'm talking about structure and general tips. I keep getting 12-16 on them and i want to know how to get to the next level. Im doing Wolsey domestic polices atm
edgarcats
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
According to my teacher:
1). Start with a short intro to explain key words/outline essay
2). Discuss the factor in question. Use points backed up by specific evidence/examples/knowledge.
3). Do the same for an alternate factor.
4). Do the same for another factor.
5). Conclude with a judgement on the question.

Make sure you structure your essay well and write fluidly. Include some historical interpretation where relevant to gain higher marks. Try to link the factors to attain better marks. Be detailed, precise and accurate with your evidence and refer back to the question consistently.

I'm studying Wolsey right now too. Hope this helped.
blackwid0w
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by edgarcats)
According to my teacher:
1). Start with a short intro to explain key words/outline essay
2). Discuss the factor in question. Use points backed up by specific evidence/examples/knowledge.
3). Do the same for an alternate factor.
4). Do the same for another factor.
5). Conclude with a judgement on the question.

Make sure you structure your essay well and write fluidly. Include some historical interpretation where relevant to gain higher marks. Try to link the factors to attain better marks. Be detailed, precise and accurate with your evidence and refer back to the question consistently.

I'm studying Wolsey right now too. Hope this helped.
I didn't even start the thread but this has really helped me set out my practice h/w questions, so thank you! I also usually get 16 at the most for the 24 markers, it's so frustrating.

At A2 we have to do 45 markers! I'm absolutely dreading it.
edgarcats
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aaliyahrl)
I didn't even start the thread but this has really helped me set out my practice h/w questions, so thank you! I also usually get 16 at the most for the 24 markers, it's so frustrating.

At A2 we have to do 45 markers! I'm absolutely dreading it.
In English Lit we have a 42 mark question I still find it hard to get the top band in those 24 markers! Glad you found it useful.
blackwid0w
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by edgarcats)
In English Lit we have a 42 mark question I still find it hard to get the top band in those 24 markers! Glad you found it useful.
Waaaaaaa, I wouldn't be able to cope

I'm dreading the History exam the most, even over German, which is so much harder for me. Our ex-teacher (he was 'let go') taught us Germany from 1914 - 33 when we're supposed to do 33 - 45!

I think my entire college is going to fail :broken:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (300)
55.87%
I don't have everything I need (237)
44.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed