Why do people pay £20 for dominoes pizza, when tesco does similar for £2? Watch

This discussion is closed.
GPODT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its not that expensive. My local dominoes sells 2 large pizzas for £16.99.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love how people make these threads, never bother to reply back to anyone to counter the arguments and everyone ends up arguing with each other while the OP sits back and watches the fallout.

Happens far too much on here. Why make a thread asking something controvertial if you aren't going to bother to reply?
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best breakfast ever is either last night's curry or pizza. =D
EarthlingyThingy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
And good cook could bang-up a better pizza than pizza hut in not THAT much longer a time. (I am no such cook). So, in reality, there is merit to this thread. As for Tesco; bad example. All of the food from Tesco's range that I have tasted, has left a LOT to be desired. Which is surprising, because they all follow the same market trends.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That Dominoes Garlic and herb dip though..........*drools*

Posted from TSR Mobile
askew116
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With Dominoes (or Pizza Hut, Papa Johns etc) you're paying for delivery, freshly prepared, premium quality, heated pizza. All of which add value to just the basic pizza.

I get what you mean that it may not feel like it's worth 10x the price, but I don't mind doing it for a treat, or to celebrate an occasion.
hattiemcbinky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not too keen on dominos, the last two times I ordered a pizza (margaritas) they have been really dry papa johns never fails though

Posted from TSR Mobile
moogoomonkey
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Deliveries till 5am. That is all.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dominos always have like a gazillion deals on. Yesterday, large pizzas were being sold at my dominos for £4.99 per............................. ..... do u realise how many i would have bought if i could carry them LOL.

But yeah even ik dominos is a tad overpriced, but they do have great deals and hey it tastes lovely.
Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by moogoomonkey)
deliveries till 5am. That is all.
and this oh my god <3
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Asda fresh 10" pizzas, 2 for £4.

These are excellent and I can't justify spending all that money on something I can do at home. I got dominos once when I wanted to try the hot dog stuffed crust after a long day but generally if friends want to order a pizza I'll choose to sit out to save money because I can do it at home.

I'm organised with my weekly shop so I can usually open my fridge/freezer anytime and find something good
HalGuru
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I work at a Domino's, and regularly take home pizzas that weren't collected/made with wrong toppings/etc. It is my dream career.
Bassetts
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ahha)
My flatmates always ask to have a Pizza night, and it costs like £20 or so to order from Dominos Pizza! I don't feel right asking them why not just get one from Tescos and put it on the oven...its only £2-3 that way!

Just wanted to know why people actually order pizza rather than just buying it!

Is it just the ease of delivery? Or taste? Or something else?

I'm prob awkward in this!
Because for some reason, Dominos pizza tastes so delicious. :drool: Way better than the crap you get at supermarkets. Even the best pizzas from supermarkets do not beat Dominos Pizza. Also I'm pretty sure that it doesn't cost £20 for one pizza. A medium pizza is £14.99 if I remember correctly and you get offers like buy one get one free.

I barely ever have Dominos, but I'm giving the reason why people get them. Takeaway food in general (including pizza) is much nicer than the equivalent food you can get in supermarkets.
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have never known a supermarket to do something 'similar' to good Domino's pizza. I say 'good' Domino's pizza because whereas I've only ever had Domino's that tasted exactly the same in at least three locations in the UK (so the different franchises clearly carefully obey the Domino's protocols), the Domino's right by my place here in Denmark makes absolutely godawful pizza. Worse than the worst supermarket pizza.

However on the topic of customising supermarket pizza, I recently discovered that topping a standard Hawaiian pizza with some broccoli that I've fried in a little oil and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little lemon juice makes for a divine experience.
SHOO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The quality is far better

Ask yourself.. Why do people spend more money on cars when you can get a car for £300?

Or why do people by galaxy when you can get tesco value for £10p or so

Or or.. Why do people by an shockwave or VO5 or any branded gels and not the 35p tesco ones

I could go on and on haha
charlottejyp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dominos is SO GOOD. Have your eaten their crust/base/dough? So good. :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
WinstonO'Brien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Domino's pizzas are only £7 any size! March Madness ftw
llamaspoon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I much prefer Morrisons pizzas. You can tell them exactly what you want and they'll make it there and then for you. They're always really generous with the toppings too. It's only £4 for 2 pizzas! They taste sooo good :sogood:
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Go on justeat.co.uk and there will be a whole list of pizza places that will be both a) significantly better and b) significantly cheaper than dominos or any of the other big american chains.
Serendipitee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Damn you OP, now I want pizza
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (61)
32.45%
Spring (35)
18.62%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.47%
Winter (36)
19.15%
I love them all equally (10)
5.32%