Reply 20
Original post by redz.hol
I'll be going to Wrexham

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile:
Main entrance
Glyndwr University, Wrexham
Visit website
Hiya :hi: I'm a student at Glyndwr (Wrexham campus), I'll be going into my third year in September. I'm also a student ambassador and a Facebook ambassador (if you've been to open days, you may have seen me showing people around :h: ). If anyone has any questions about life at Glyndwr and the Wrexham campus, just ask and I'll try and help if I can :smile:
Original post by madders94
Hiya :hi: I'm a student at Glyndwr (Wrexham campus), I'll be going into my third year in September. I'm also a student ambassador and a Facebook ambassador (if you've been to open days, you may have seen me showing people around :h: ). If anyone has any questions about life at Glyndwr and the Wrexham campus, just ask and I'll try and help if I can :smile:

, is the canteen food any good? The canteen food at College looks like luxurious prison food. Appealing but tastes revolting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Michael^^
, is the canteen food any good? The canteen food at College looks like luxurious prison food. Appealing but tastes revolting.

They make the best sausage roll, chips and gravy :coma: there's always a fair bit of choice, hot and cold, a salad bar, a baguette and sandwich bar, hot snacks etc. And it tastes nice! :h:
They make the best sausage roll, chips and gravy :coma: there's always a fair bit of choice, hot and cold, a salad bar, a baguette and sandwich bar, hot snacks etc. And it tastes nice! :h:

:drool: I love chips and sausage rolls. Though I don't eat much anyway.:biggrin:

Has GU got a Freshers page?
Original post by Michael^^
:drool: I love chips and sausage rolls. Though I don't eat much anyway.:biggrin:

Has GU got a Freshers page?

Yes indeed, I'll send you the link to it by PM and then you request to join and one of the admins will add you :smile:
Reply 26
I got an unconditional offer today, talk about leaving it late. It is the only university I applied for as well so I guess I'll see you all in September.

I have to do a foundation year though, does anyone know if this affects me in any way, I want to play sports and get involved in other stuff.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Efeeko
I got an unconditional offer today, talk about leaving it late. It is the only university I applied for as well so I guess I'll see you all in September.

I have to do a foundation year though, does anyone know if this affects me in any way, I want to play sports and get involved in other stuff.

Congratulations on your unconditional!

I've received a conditional to study a foundation year too :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by VexedM8
Congratulations on your unconditional!

I've received a conditional to study a foundation year too :smile:

Thanks. Good luck with getting the grades.

Are you planning on living on campus if you meet your offer?
Reply 29
Original post by Efeeko
Thanks. Good luck with getting the grades.

Are you planning on living on campus if you meet your offer?

Pretty sure I've already met them, I've handed the work in at least anyway.

And yeah, I've applied for accommodation - first choice was Wrexham Village.

What about yourself?
Reply 30
Original post by VexedM8
Pretty sure I've already met them, I've handed the work in at least anyway.

And yeah, I've applied for accommodation - first choice was Wrexham Village.

What about yourself?

I'm looking to apply for acommodation as soon as possible. Because it is May now I wasn't expecting an offer at all so it was bit of a shock to open up my e-mail and see one from UCAS.
Hi guys

We have a live chat on Wednesday (May 14) 12-2pm we will be answering uestions about your offer, accommodation, finance or GU and Glyndwr in general? Join our #GUchat online on Weds from 12-2pm: http://www.glyndwr.ac.uk/en/Studentsupport/livechat/

You can also tweet us your questions to @glyndwruni using the hashtag #GUChat or post them on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/glyndwruni

Thanks
Reply 32
That's a shame as I work Monday-Friday and can't get internet access.

I just accepted my offer and have applied for accommodation. It's all starting to seem real now.
im off to the wrexham campus too!
Reply 34
Anyone applied for Student Village? I'm starting to hear bad things about it.
Original post by Efeeko
Anyone applied for Student Village? I'm starting to hear bad things about it.

It isn't too bad at all, a few of my friends live in student village and like it. Obviously compared to Wrexham Village it looks basic in comparison - but really it's normal student accommodation like you'd get at any university, it's just that Wrexham Village is so luxurious.
Reply 36
The open day was brilliant yesterday!

Everyone seemed so friendly, including the people in the actual town - can't wait until September now.
Reply 37
It isn't too bad at all, a few of my friends live in student village and like it. Obviously compared to Wrexham Village it looks basic in comparison - but really it's normal student accommodation like you'd get at any university, it's just that Wrexham Village is so luxurious.

Thanks for the reply. I have been to see friends at uni and Student Village is similar to what they were in. It was just a case of not reading everything properly. When I applied for accommodation I clicked on-campus and it only gave me one option. I didn't realise Wrexham Village was so close.
Hey Glyndwr is my insurance choice but i'm worried i might not get the extra B I need for my main choice (keele), I've lived outside wrexham for about 8 years and went yale for the last 2 years so i know what the towns like and think it's fine tbh so don't understand when people say its a bad town or whatever its nice :smile: Just very worried about going the uni as I already know most of wrexham and it does get a bit boring after been there so many times xD I'm applying for renewable engineering masters there (although didn't do a level maths so will need the extra support) and just wanted opinions of anyone who's been there. I've been most open days and many other events there so I know the setup of the uni and the bar and the accommodation and think its all nice but a little small :P Anyones opinions are welcome good or bad :smile: thanks

Really considering Glyndwr over Keele now, really like the sound of the course and wrexham is situated in a much better area from what I can see xD But still would really like if someone could tell me what they think of it all, especially the engineering departments :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to Glyndwr University connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending