Televisions at Lancaster Watch

Olivia2286
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do many people have one in there room??
Are you planning on taking one??

My friends who are already at University said that I should..
moutonfou
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No reason you shouldn't - just bear in mind though that you will need your own TV licence.

Check however that you get a signal before you pay for your TV licence. I knew some people in the centre of campus who didn't get any signal. You can sign up for a TV licence instantly online so the day you arrive you can get everything set up, check it works, and then get the licence.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by moutonfou)
No reason you shouldn't - just bear in mind though that you will need your own TV licence.

Check however that you get a signal before you pay for your TV licence. I knew some people in the centre of campus who didn't get any signal. You can sign up for a TV licence instantly online so the day you arrive you can get everything set up, check it works, and then get the licence.
You COULD get a TV licence and by law you should. In practice you don't need one on campus and buying one is a waste of £145. Word on the street is that TV Licencing are not allowed on campus. Even if they were somehow allowed on campus, you aren't obliged to tell them your name, let alone let them in your flat without a warrant.

Everyone gets threatening letters (which are addressed to the room and never name the recipient) if they don't pay, but to put things in perspective - they send multiple letters to storage cupboards on campus because they are named in the same way as accommodation (alphanumerically).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 7 Sep '19
  • Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (397)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.08%

Watched Threads