The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Accommodation 2014!

So I've just firmed my MMU offer for Sep 2014 for Advertising and Brand Management after I loved the applicant day on the weekend! So now I'm thinking about accommodation, on Saturday I saw Cambridge and Briarfields - it seemed to me that Cambridge was the more party-ish and social halls which is what I want, but I don't know weather to apply for 5 or 10 rooms per flat. I feel like 10 could be to hectic and busy to make friends? idk. Is it also true that if you pick 5 it's same gender? Because I would like mixed! I did really like briarfields though but it just seemed quieter, tell me if I'm wrong and if Briarfields does get wild sometimes! Also, any other accom. you suggest I think about?! Thanks! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jamie247
So I've just firmed my MMU offer for Sep 2014 for Advertising and Brand Management after I loved the applicant day on the weekend! So now I'm thinking about accommodation, on Saturday I saw Cambridge and Briarfields - it seemed to me that Cambridge was the more party-ish and social halls which is what I want, but I don't know weather to apply for 5 or 10 rooms per flat. I feel like 10 could be to hectic and busy to make friends? idk. Is it also true that if you pick 5 it's same gender? Because I would like mixed! I did really like briarfields though but it just seemed quieter, tell me if I'm wrong and if Briarfields does get wild sometimes! Also, any other accom. you suggest I think about?! Thanks! :smile:

Don't quote me on this but as far as I'm aware, you don't get to apply for 5 or 10 flats separately, you get what your allocated after you apply,
and I believe that it will ask you if you prefer to be with same gender or mixed.
If you look at it another way, if you did get a flat of 10, you might only like 6 of them! :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending