infos about uni (general and chemistry) Watch

ItalianGuy89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,
I'm applying for a Msc by research in chemistry. Considering I'm totally new to ur university system...just wanted to ask some questions:
- Msc by research is a halfway between Mres and a Msc? I will attend classes related to the field I'm gonna do my research right? (Weird to ask, I know....but I can't find detailed infos on the internet!)
- How's the school of chemistry? I'm visiting on june and meanwhile I'd like to know how labs are and whatever...

- As a student in nottingham, would you suggest to a foreign student to come there? is it a good uni? what about uni's reputation?

I'm applying also at Leicester, Southampton and Leeds.
hannahlsmith
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ItalianGuy89)
Hi guys,
I'm applying for a Msc by research in chemistry. Considering I'm totally new to ur university system...just wanted to ask some questions:
- Msc by research is a halfway between Mres and a Msc? I will attend classes related to the field I'm gonna do my research right? (Weird to ask, I know....but I can't find detailed infos on the internet!)
- How's the school of chemistry? I'm visiting on june and meanwhile I'd like to know how labs are and whatever...

- As a student in nottingham, would you suggest to a foreign student to come there? is it a good uni? what about uni's reputation?

Hi there! I can't answer the questions about your degree or Chemistry as I'm only an Undergrad and I'm studying English! I do, however, know that the Uni and the city are brilliant at accommodating international students! They run a variety of events to help International students settle in and they have societies etc dedicated to people who are not from the UK so you'd always feel like you had a place to go to meet other international students. UK students are also really accommodating and want to meet you and find out about where you have come from so I'd definitely say Nottingham is a great place of foreign students!
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ItalianGuy89)
Hi guys,

Well about 1/3 of our students are international students, so there must be something good about the place!

I think it's a great university, and it has a fantastic domestic and international reputation.

If you're doing an MSc by Research, you will probably attend classes as well as research, yes. I don't study chemistry so can't be too specific on that one!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
    Sat, 27 Jun '20
    Fri, 11 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?