AQA AS ISA Biology - line of best fit question

Watch this thread
andy26
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Posting here - probably more relevant
Hi

I have a quick question about my upcoming Biology AS ISA.

For every in-class practical and mock ISA I've done, my results on my graphs are best suited to a curved line of best fit and I have been told to always use a curve.

The results for this upcoming ISA, when plotted, will most likely form a straight line. Silly question but am I still expected to do something freehand or simply use a ruler for the line of best fit in, say, physics.

Thanks
always1
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Use a ruler to draw a line through as many points as possible, try and have the same amount slightly above the line as below. If its a physics isa draw the line to the axis but for biology never extrapolate beyond your points.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
42.09%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.32%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.22%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise