The Student Room Group

What do you think of these shopping trolleys?

These would be ideal for doing my weekly shop at uni but I'm worried that I'll look silly because of the old lady connotations. You can get quite nice ones, something like this.

30-9011832A77UC1053279M.jpg

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do think that the style/pattern of that is not very old lady like and you could get away with it - just don't drag it with you on a night out lol! :wink:
Reply 2
Aha don't worry I won't! Just hope it matches my zimmer :P

A couple of people in the reviews say they take them to festivals, hopefully I will start a trend.
Reply 3
I can't see how any young person could possibly pull one of them off, I've seen several try and fail miserably as they generally end up walking hunched over trying to pull it along. Don't do it :redface:
Reply 4
How am I supposed to do a food shop though? I don't want to do it online because I like choosing the food myself.

Is there anything similar?
I've actually seen some beautiful women who have come into Primark with a similar trolly tbh. I didn't think twice about it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by So Instinct
I've actually seen some beautiful women who have come into Primark with a similar trolly tbh.

But are they young and hip or old with no hips? I could just tell people it's a suitcase or something.

I think it looks alright though, it's a nice pattern and it's preferable to lugging all those groceries around. Think of my poor fingers.
Reply 7
Don't listen to a thing these people say! You don't want to be social outcast with such a social and fashion faux pas. Just carry a big bag with you. I can sometimes fill all my groceries in my prada bag.
Reply 8
Original post by Add!ction
How am I supposed to do a food shop though? I don't want to do it online because I like choosing the food myself.

Generally when you walk into a supermarket they have two methods of transporting the food and beverage items, that you wish to purchase, to the tills; a basket and a shopping cart.

After the successful completion of the transaction your items are neatly packed into either a plastic environmentally unfriendly set of bags, or more durable and reusable recycled bags for an additional sum.

:wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Mockery
Generally when you walk into a supermarket they have two methods of transporting the food and beverage items, that you wish to purchase, to the tills; a basket and a shopping cart.

After the successful completion of the transaction your items are neatly packed into either a plastic environmentally unfriendly set of bags, or more durable and reusable recycled bags for an additional sum.

:wink:

Yeeeees I do work in a supermarket y'know!

But I then have to lug it to the uni which is about 30 mins walk away, even if I got the bus I don't think I would be able to carry it.
But are they young and hip or old with no hips? I could just tell people it's a suitcase or something.

I think it looks alright though, it's a nice pattern and it's preferable to lugging all those groceries around. Think of my poor fingers.

Early/Mid 20's. One was wearing office clothing other was in jeans and a winter jacket.

Looks alright imo and most people will realise it's for practicality, I certainly did at least.
Reply 11
Ha OP I love your 'not give a **** attitude' so much. If I ever see you in my local supermarket dragging that around, I'm giving you a hug.
Reply 12
Original post by So Instinct
Early/Mid 20's. One was wearing office clothing other was in jeans and a winter jacket.

Looks alright imo and most people will realise it's for practicality, I certainly did at least.

I totally agree with you, I think they look alright.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for youth pulling them.

Carry a rucksack with a bag of food in it, plus one bag in each arm, not even hard - and that's for a substantial shop!
Just do it.
Reply 15
Original post by Markg125
Ha OP I love your 'not give a **** attitude' so much. If I ever see you in my local supermarket dragging that around, I'm giving you a hug.

I look forward to it.

I will be pimping it out.
Reply 16
Yeeeees I do work in a supermarket y'know!

But I then have to lug it to the uni which is about 30 mins walk away, even if I got the bus I don't think I would be able to carry it.

In that case you might as well kill two birds with one stone.

You'll no longer have to walk!
Reply 17
Original post by Mockery
In that case you might as well kill two birds with one stone.

You'll no longer have to walk!

*gasp* Where can I buy one?! I can put a bell on it and have tassels on the the seat handles.
Reply 18
I would never buy one of these. I'd rather take my small wheeled suitcase, does the same job and looks less like the one my grandma had back in the day, I think hers might have been spotty too, but navy and white not black
I totally agree with you, I think they look alright.

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for youth pulling them.

I can't speak for females but I'm sure if any guys are looking they'll probs be more interested in you than the trolly :lol:

The Polka dot doesn't help your case though. Go for something plain me says.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending