Want more information about this university?

Need help deciding on Roehampton University.

Watch
JAW3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey anyone reading this, i have been offered a position for Business Management at Roehampton and i'm not sure if it's worth going there because i have noticed they are pretty low on ranks for my course.

Also was wondering if any point living on campus if i live around 45minutes away from the actual campus, i would like to live on campus first year but i'm not to sure, obviously i want to meet some new people and be able to go out and i feel that i will be isolated if i don't live on campus.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Engineer2015
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you don't have the ucas points, take a year out and apply to a better uni. It really depends on your final grade but most graduate recruiters look at grade and course, e.g. if you did a good course at a lower rank uni with a good grade, it might negate the whole prestige think.
JAW3
Rep:
?
Thanks for the reply, well i'm on my 3rd year at college now (First year didn't do good) and don't really want to have another year at college tbh, i have offers from other Unis (West London and Kingston) but was wondering about roehampton as a lot of people i know have either said its really good or really bad so i'm not to sure about it.
Saila
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JAW3)
Hey anyone reading this, i have been offered a position for Business Management at Roehampton and i'm not sure if it's worth going there because i have noticed they are pretty low on ranks for my course.

Also was wondering if any point living on campus if i live around 45minutes away from the actual campus, i would like to live on campus first year but i'm not to sure, obviously i want to meet some new people and be able to go out and i feel that i will be isolated if i don't live on campus.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
Hi JAW3!

I've also applied to study Business Management at Roehampton and got an offer. I wasn't sure at first either, but I've heard positive things from people about the university. Roehampton has actually been my firm choice from day one.
By the way, there is an open day on the 1st of April. I think I'm going to give it a go and visit and see what it's like just to confirm.

You might want to go to the open day to get more of an idea? It might help you making up your mind.

I will be considering living on campus. Just like you said, it's best to do this to meet new people during your first year. But again, see how it works out for you!

PS: West London is lower on rankings compared to Roehampton. So stick with Kingston if you had to choose between Kingston and West London I would say.

Hope I could help! x
JAW3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Saila)
Hi JAW3!

I've also applied to study Business Management at Roehampton and got an offer. I wasn't sure at first either, but I've heard positive things from people about the university. Roehampton has actually been my firm choice from day one.
By the way, there is an open day on the 1st of April. I think I'm going to give it a go and visit and see what it's like just to confirm.

You might want to go to the open day to get more of an idea? It might help you making up your mind.

I will be considering living on campus. Just like you said, it's best to do this to meet new people during your first year. But again, see how it works out for you!

PS: West London is lower on rankings compared to Roehampton. So stick with Kingston if you had to choose between Kingston and West London I would say.

Hope I could help! x
Yea i am going to go to that open day want to get an idea of how the University is, as it would just make life easier for me because its 40 ucas less for Roehampton to the other two which would make it easier on me.

My firm will probably just be Kingston and insurance as Roehampton.
Saila
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JAW3)
Yea i am going to go to that open day want to get an idea of how the University is, as it would just make life easier for me because its 40 ucas less for Roehampton to the other two which would make it easier on me.

My firm will probably just be Kingston and insurance as Roehampton.
Hey,

I think that is the best idea, to go and see what it's like in order to decide.

Good luck with making up your mind!
Charlotte391
Report 6 years ago
Hey JAW3!

I graduated from Roehampton in June 2013 (although studying Classics) and thought i'd throw my experience in here for you!

I honestly, without a doubt, loved my time at Roehampton. It was actually my insurance choice and a hell of a lot lower than my main choice in terms of UCAS points as I only needed 200 points to get in back in 2010. Although I could have gone to a far better Uni in terms of league tables with my final results, I chose Roehampton because I loved the campus and the look of the course. Don't always rely on league tables because most of the time it all down to the age and prestige of a University just because it's been around a hell of a lot longer. Roehampton has only been it's own, separate university since 2004!

A lot of my friends studied Business Management and seemed to really enjoy it. It's one of the bigger courses offered at Roehampton so you'll get the opportunity to meet loads of people and you get a lot of modules to choose from! Also, just because it's not a high ranking university that doesn't mean you won't end up with a really good job. Several of my friends have managed to land some serious roles as marketing executives and management consultants because they ended up with good level degrees and took up the work experience offered by the Uni.

I also lived on campus in first year and I'd recommend you do the same if you think it's right for you. In my first year a lot of people who lived off campus actually dropped out because they felt like they weren't really involved in University life and just saw it as a bit of a chore having to commute every day. You in no way have to live on campus to feel like you're part of the uni but it definitely makes it easier in first year.

Whatever decision you make, I hope you have an amazing time! I wish I could go back to the beginning and do it all over again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.03%
I'm not sure (2)
1.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (38)
31.15%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.46%
I'm not a current university student (57)
46.72%

Watched Threads