The Student Room Group

Reported for talking to underage girl?

Hey everyone, I know this LOOKS bad, but I am 17 and was chatting to this girl who looked around about my age online, shes local and I heard of her and thought she was a year younger so about 16, I'm quite an outgoing person and when talking to a girl will get straight to the point and if i get rejected I laugh it off I don't really care. But anyway I got straight to the point with this girl told her how she was hot and should come to mine, she said she didn't know because she has a boyfriend. Anyway after a couple of days she popped up to me on facebook acting all horny like and asked me to send pictures, I said no, then she asked to skype, I said no, then she asked to talk dirty and I said I dunno because you got a boyfriend and everything so he could see, how ever I did say to her I would like to have shag her, then suddenly the paranoid boyfriend is like yeah this is me on her account I have reported all these conversations to the police and I have saved them. So I was fine and just said listen mate I'm not a pedo she is 1 year younger than me, then turns out she is 2 and a half years younger than me which I did not know, I didn't bother to ask for her age because of just the way she looked she looked at least a year younger maybe older. Now I'm not sure if he genuinely did report me to the police or if he's bluffing, but what would happen if he did? It will seriously **** up my life over something as pathetic as this :/ Thanks for any help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're 17, relax. Nothing is gonna happen.

He was probably just trying to scare you because you were giving his girlfriend unwanted attention. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by Leftee
You're 17, relax. Nothing is gonna happen.

He was probably just trying to scare you because you were giving his girlfriend unwanted attention. :rolleyes:

Thanks, and the girlfriend wanted it before hand she was telling me but then she changed because her boyfriend found out, anyway, doesn't change the fact I was being a **** flirting with a taken girl, would much rather the justin bieber looking punch me like a man then say things like he's reporting me to the police, bastard. Thanks though, you helped me feel better, it would totally ruin my application with the army if I got a criminal record especially for something like this.
(edited 10 years ago)
Only thing you can do is wait and see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Isn't her boyfriend also a paedophile then? Lol
Reply 5
Maybe you should ask her opinion on her boyfriend chatting up guys on fb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You can't get arrested for merely talking to a under 16 about sex / wanting to sex them

It's the actual acting on it that MAY get you arrested but there's often leniency , if she's 15 and you're 17 the judge (if it came down to that) might say due to the gap it's only a suspended sentence
Original post by james.1996
Hey everyone, I know this LOOKS bad, but I am 17 and was chatting to this girl who looked around about my age online, shes local and I heard of her and thought she was a year younger so about 16, I'm quite an outgoing person and when talking to a girl will get straight to the point and if i get rejected I laugh it off I don't really care. But anyway I got straight to the point with this girl told her how she was hot and should come to mine, she said she didn't know because she has a boyfriend. Anyway after a couple of days she popped up to me on facebook acting all horny like and asked me to send pictures, I said no, then she asked to skype, I said no, then she asked to talk dirty and I said I dunno because you got a boyfriend and everything so he could see, how ever I did say to her I would like to have shag her, then suddenly the paranoid boyfriend is like yeah this is me on her account I have reported all these conversations to the police and I have saved them. So I was fine and just said listen mate I'm not a pedo she is 1 year younger than me, then turns out she is 2 and a half years younger than me which I did not know, I didn't bother to ask for her age because of just the way she looked she looked at least a year younger maybe older. Now I'm not sure if he genuinely did report me to the police or if he's bluffing, but what would happen if he did? It will seriously **** up my life over something as pathetic as this :/ Thanks for any help.

I'm 19 and nearly slept with girl I met in a nightclub. She looked atleast 18 and I she got into a nightclub so she must be atleast 18. However a friend of a friend tells me shes 14.
She eventually admitted it but what would of happened if they hadn't told me and I had slept with her?
Reply 8
Original post by jusdorange
You can't get arrested for merely talking to a under 16 about sex / wanting to sex them

It's the actual acting on it that MAY get you arrested but there's often leniency , if she's 15 and you're 17 the judge (if it came down to that) might say due to the gap it's only a suspended sentence

This isn't correct in law. Grooming is an offence.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 19 and nearly slept with girl I met in a nightclub. She looked atleast 18 and I she got into a nightclub so she must be atleast 18. However a friend of a friend tells me shes 14.
She eventually admitted it but what would of happened if they hadn't told me and I had slept with her?

Even if they consent, anyone under the age of consent i.e. Sixteen cannot legally consent to sex. So it would be statutory rape, regardless of whether she said yes. Though idk how the situation would be seen in court as in, you thought she was 18 which is believable considering you're in a nightclub.
If she never explicitly stated to you her age (i.e. confirming she is underage) during the conversations, then there isn't a case to be had (as you genuinely didnt know her age - and as you said, the pictures are not conclusive).

Its only a problem if she said she is 14 or 15, and then you continued to talk in a sexual manner to her.

I wouldn't worry - nothing will happen. Also, i'm 99% sure the bf isnt going to report anything, he is just scaring you off his gf.
Reply 11
Thanks everyone for the replies!! So far my parents have had no visit from the police so I think it's all good, and her age was never stated until right at the end when the boyfriend said you're 17 and chatting up my 15 year old UNDERAGE girlfriend, then I replied saying er no she's like 16 because I always thought she was, and then he was like nope she's underage so from there I just didn't reply.
No Police force in the country is going to care if a 17 year old is having consensual sex with a 15 year old. If they did, they wouldn't have any time to investigate any serious cases.
He's gassing.
Original post by Anonymous

u wot . This is probably my biggest fear , how on earth does a 14 year old get into a club .

You can never really tell with girls these days , but you would assume a nightclub is your last bastion of confirmation that a girl is as old she looks.
Original post by jusdorange

You talk as though a suspended sentence for a sex offence is a trivial matter.
Reply 16
Original post by james.1996
You disgusting pedo, you probably would of got done for statutory rape.

He didn't know she was 14 dude...
Reply 17
Original post by arson_fire
It`s got to get to court first. The police would not pursue a case of consensual sex where the age difference is a couple of years. The CPS would be incredibly unlikely to prosecute as it`s not in the public interest to criminalise a couple of teenagers. Even if it did get to court the judge would most likely take a dim view of it - IME they get very pissy if they think someone is wasting the courts time.

Of course not but in context of the OP, sleeping with a 14y.o. when you're 18/19 is a pretty big difference at that age, if not had they been older
Reply 18
Original post by LaserPro
He didn't know she was 14 dude...

Just wanted to say sorry and it was only a bit of banter! As I am joining the army the only forums I have ever been on online is army forums where people tend to just insult each other but no one takes it to heart so I'm kinda used to that, sorry If I offended anyone.
(edited 10 years ago)
To be honest dude, you're a bit of an idiot. Check these things beforehand.

Latest

Trending

Trending