What do Libertarian Anarchists want/use violence to get?

Watch
hsv
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I understand left wing anarchists whoa re violent might be involved say in smashing up an RBS office in 2009 during anti G20 protests, however what do Libertarian Anarchists or right wing anarchists want/use violence to get, say a more free market, less taxes?
anarchism101
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Firstly, the terminology debate here. "Libertarian Anarchist" is mainly a term used by 'Anarcho-capitalists' to sound a bit more acceptable. Most anarchists consider it a redundant term (as obviously you couldn't have an "Authoritarian Anarchist").

Though to answer the question I think you're trying to ask, they don't. Nor do they do much of anything in the way of forming political movements, apart from voting for Ron Paul.
hsv
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by anarchism101)
Firstly, the terminology debate here. "Libertarian Anarchist" is mainly a term used by 'Anarcho-capitalists' to sound a bit more acceptable. Most anarchists consider it a redundant term (as obviously you couldn't have an "Authoritarian Anarchist").

Though to answer the question I think you're trying to ask, they don't. Nor do they do much of anything in the way of forming political movements, apart from voting for Ron Paul.
So when in the ask a libertarian anything thread for example one of the posters says I am a libertarian and an anarchist im guessing he doesn't mean "anarchist" as in some of the left wing anarchists in Germany in the 70's that used violence like Red Faction etc that used violence.
anarchism101
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hsv)
So when in the ask a libertarian anything thread for example one of the posters says I am a libertarian and an anarchist im guessing he doesn't mean "anarchist" as in some of the left wing anarchists in Germany in the 70's that used violence like Red Faction etc that used violence.
The short answer is your guess is right.

Though I'd point out that Red Army Faction were a Marxist-Leninist group, not an anarchist one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.6%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.3%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.09%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (279)
48.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.1%

Watched Threads