The Student Room Group

Newcastle Flying Start, Warwick or Leeds? (Accounting/Finance)

I have offers for: Newcastle's Flying Start (AAB), Warwick's BSc Accounting & Finance (AAA), and Leeds' BSc Accounting & Finance (AAA). I got rejected from Bath for A/F, but they gave me an offer for BSc Economics (with or without placement year is up to me) (A*AA) instead.

I think I'm still more interested in A/F, so I'm probably going to reject Bath. But between Warwick, Leeds and Newcastle, which would you suggest I firm? :frown: The requirements shouldn't be a problem -- I'm predicted A*AAa.

I'm conflicted because I like how the Flying Start involves 12 ACA exemptions and guaranteed PwC placements in years 2, 3 & 4. But Warwick & Leeds have better rankings... Warwick only offers a placement year to "successful candidates", whereas Leeds has an optional placement year. Both have 8 ACA exemptions.

Thoughts? :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Sorry can't help, In same position. I've got Leeds Loughborough Bath Exeter and awaiting Warwick. Want to firm Leeds but not sure I'm using my options wisely in long run
Reply 2
Go for flyingstart, tbh employers doesnt really give asingle damn which uni you come from as long as you have strong work experience, the favour will be yours!
Reply 3
Original post by Candies1995
Sorry can't help, In same position. I've got Leeds Loughborough Bath Exeter and awaiting Warwick. Want to firm Leeds but not sure I'm using my options wisely in long run

Good luck! Hope you make the right decision for yourself!
Reply 4
Original post by 19cvabn
Go for flyingstart, tbh employers doesnt really give asingle damn which uni you come from as long as you have strong work experience, the favour will be yours!

Some people say work experience is more important, others say uni reputation is more important... and yet others say they're both equally important. So I'm very conflicted. :frown: Especially because I'm going into A/F, which is a very competitive industry. D':

Thank you so much for your input.
Choose between Leeds and Warwick , Warwick is more reputable speaking of business school, but it's located in nowhere, LUBS is also a prestigious business school,and has a much better night life, they are both triple accredited ,so up to you ,what do you expect out of the three years at uni? What kind of life do you want after uni? make the decision yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending