The Student Room Group

Too much to hug a girl you've only met once?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tootles
Things like that are only awkward when you haven't got the confidence to be able to carry them off.

Nah, the girl would probably cringe however confident you are
Original post by Serendipitee
If you start sniffing her feet it's even better :yep:

Err... I'm going to go now. :K:
Reply 22
Original post by manchesterunited15
Nah, the girl would probably cringe however confident you are
There must be something wrong with all the girls I'm friends with, in that case :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Friendly hug, why not? I guess it depends on how you would usually greet other girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hug her strong
Original post by Tootles
There must be something wrong with all the girls I'm friends with, in that case :rolleyes:

They would hardly tell you would they
Reply 26
Original post by manchesterunited15
They would hardly tell you would they
No, but they could withdraw their hands.
Reply 27
I wouldn't over think it. But defiantly not the handshake, that would make it so much more awkward. Don't think about it. Just smile and see how it pans out.
Original post by Tootles
No, but they could withdraw their hands.

Most girls are too polite for that
I'm always up for a hug (though I don't really initiate it a lot, 'cause I'm afraid of wrong timing :P )

But yeah, just a hug :smile:
Original post by Serendipitee
If you start sniffing her feet it's even better :yep:

Then suck their toes? :colone:
Reply 31
Depends if she is a huggy girl.
Take her hand and kiss it
'Enchante'

Or put your hand on her upper arm (or lower if you're a cheeky devil)
Reply 33
hand on upper arm and a 'kiss' on the cheek? seems standard amongst my friendship group.
Reply 34
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, so I met this girl about a year ago at my friends brothers party. We spoke a little and hit off almost instantly. Since then we haven't seen each other but we've been texting on and off. We've arranged to meet up during Easter holidays along with a few other friends. How should I greet her? Hug? Hand Shake (cringing at the thought of it)???

Handshakes are perfectly fine - this is how I greet everyone regardless of gender.

In some countries (e.g. the Netherlands), a handshake is the normal way to start and end a date.
Just say "Hey! How've you been?" :yy: !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending