The Student Room Group

summer programs in medical science for high school students

We have a 15-year old who is interested in medical research.

Are there summer programs that combine some classroom study with practical experience, perhaps even some real work?

We sent our d to an archaeological internship (her course) and she had a fantastic experience that helped her applications. Is there anything similar that anyone knows about?

I have researched courses in the US and their price tags are, to put it mildly, astronomical. It would cost about the same as a full year tuition in the UK for 7 weeks or so at, say, Brown.
Reply 1
The Nuffield Research placement scheme would definitely be worth a look! :yep:

This is completely free and they reimburse any travel costs and some people are eligible for additional bursaries too!
Reply 2
The only problem with Nuffield is that most of the deadlines for application have past:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by -Neuro-
The Nuffield Research placement scheme would definitely be worth a look! :yep:

This is completely free and they reimburse any travel costs and some people are eligible for additional bursaries too!

thanks very very much!
Reply 4
Original post by alcibiade
We have a 15-year old who is interested in medical research.

Are there summer programs that combine some classroom study with practical experience, perhaps even some real work?

We sent our d to an archaeological internship (her course) and she had a fantastic experience that helped her applications. Is there anything similar that anyone knows about?

I have researched courses in the US and their price tags are, to put it mildly, astronomical. It would cost about the same as a full year tuition in the UK for 7 weeks or so at, say, Brown.

Original post by staks
The only problem with Nuffield is that most of the deadlines for application have past:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by alcibiade
thanks very very much!

The other problem is that you have to be a uk student, which I am guessing by your location Alcibiade that this isn't the case?

http://www.nuffieldfoundation.org/information-applicants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending