The Student Room Group

A really quiet girl that I like is always in a group?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this girl i had a crush on (Emily) always sits with her friends in lunch time. I talk to her like every two days during lunch and i could always manage to make her laugh. I think i might be a bit of nered and nice guy type. I'm just wondering how to ask her out to a date ad if she likes me or not?? Thanks for the help guys! Thank you!
Maybe try to catch her when she's on her own and then ask her out?
Firstly, how old are you? This may or may not influence your approach
Reply 3
Original post by ChildOfTheMist
Firstly, how old are you? This may or may not influence your approach

18 so does it make any difference ? I dunno what to do with her though...
Ask her out in front of her friends.
It'll show her you care and aren't ashamed to be seen/associated with her.
It'll stop the gossip wagon before it's even started.
It'll be much easier and more convenient.
It'll boost your confidence. If you've done that, you can do anything.
Reply 5
Original post by Tom_green_day
Ask her out in front of her friends.
It'll show her you care and aren't ashamed to be seen/associated with her.
It'll stop the gossip wagon before it's even started.
It'll be much easier and more convenient.
It'll boost your confidence. If you've done that, you can do anything.

OMG i might ask her privately after an event we will both attend....

I dunno if im friendzoned she is really shy as well
Reply 6
Be bold! Ask her in front of all of her friends, you'll make a very strong impression on her and her friends.
I've been in this exact same situation so many times now...

My advice to you is to not keep missing further opportunities by being scared to approach her because she is with friends/ you don't feel up to it that day etc... I think you already know that you like her. Once you see some kind of signal that she may like you back then just talk to her. Shy or confident, the most important thing is to let your feelings be known. Don't be afraid of a negative outcome, you're still 18 and I am sure you'll see many other girls you like.

Otherwise you'll be like me a few years later feeling sad because this said person could have been your other half had you just summoned the courage to say hello... :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by L'Etudiant
I've been in this exact same situation so many times now...

My advice to you is to not keep missing further opportunities by being scared to approach her because she is with friends/ you don't feel up to it that day etc... I think you already know that you like her. Once you see some kind of signal that she may like you back then just talk to her. Shy or confident, the most important thing is to let your feelings be known. Don't be afraid of a negative outcome, you're still 18 and I am sure you'll see many other girls you like.

Otherwise you'll be like me a few years later feeling sad because this said person could have been your other half had you just summoned the courage to say hello... :frown:

I talk to Emily and her friends like every two days so i already said hello and flirt with her already :wink: i just wan to know the signs she might like me and how to physically flirt more with her :0 thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by Maid Marian
Maybe try to catch her when she's on her own and then ask her out?

Gee, what a great idea. Surely the OP hadn't already thought of that. It's just so out there. Brilliant one.
Walk into the canteen wearing nothing but a gorilla mask, locate your target, take a deep breath, then flamboyantly chuck a paper aeroplane over at her, containing your proposal. This will work. Yes.
Just go up to the group and ask to speak to her about a maths problem you have in school or sth like that! Like, typical Skins stuff, minus the drugs & the teen experimenting with sex! :yy: !
Reply 12
Just try and get some time to talk with her, sometimes starting to talk in a group can help the two of you become a little bit friendlier. I remember with my girlfriend, we had a group of four and the four of us could talk normally, over time it became really easy for me to talk with her and eventually it lead to us dating. Before you even think about asking her out, you should try and get involved with her friends a little, find out what you'd be talking about and such.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 13
Thsnk you everyone, i've talked to the group for couple months now, gonna ask her on a date this friday!!!! should i use the word 'date'?:colondollar:
Reply 14
just say do you wanna go out/ hang out whatever, just act casual/confident
Reply 15
Original post by wkit11
Thsnk you everyone, i've talked to the group for couple months now, gonna ask her on a date this friday!!!! should i use the word 'date'?:colondollar:

You don't need to explicitly say the word date. Just ask her if she wants to go out for dinner, or whatever it is you have planned. I'm sure she'll pick up that it's a date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending