The Student Room Group

Releasing myself into clearing after first year of uni

Hey guys im confused atm as my course isnt what I thought which was further confirmed this semester. I really dont want to quit uni right now as i know i will need to pay off the fees for the year so i would rather have 9000 indebted to me as I am really deep into the year. I decided to retake some A level exams last month in February and I am currently planning to get released into clearing after my first year. My question firstly is will this be feasible?. Secondly will my results for this University year matter going into clearing. Thirdly do i just create a UCAS application and apply late this year?. The course I want to go into now I am much more confident Its the right one for me so I am currently working on Improving my A levels to meet the criteria for most of the Unis offering the course. Im confused right now as to how this process would work out and what steps I have to take as i dont want to directly apply as me and my tutor this year havent got to the best of starts lets just keep it that way. Im doing Civil engineering atm btw.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Revisionbug
Hey guys im confused atm as my course isnt what I thought which was further confirmed this semester. I really dont want to quit uni right now as i know i will need to pay off the fees for the year so i would rather have 9000 indebted to me as I am really deep into the year. I decided to retake some A level exams last month in February and I am currently planning to get released into clearing after my first year. My question firstly is will this be feasible?. Secondly will my results for this University year matter going into clearing. Thirdly do i just create a UCAS application and apply late this year?. The course I want to go into now I am much more confident Its the right one for me so I am currently working on Improving my A levels to meet the criteria for most of the Unis offering the course. Im confused right now as to how this process would work out and what steps I have to take as i dont want to directly apply as me and my tutor this year havent got to the best of starts lets just keep it that way. Im doing Civil engineering atm btw.

Just wondering - does your current uni offer the course you want to do? It might be that your best option would be to transfer course, rather than starting from scratch at another uni.
Reply 2
Original post by shooks
Just wondering - does your current uni offer the course you want to do? It might be that your best option would be to transfer course, rather than starting from scratch at another uni.

The thing is my grades arent that good so I want to improve my grades first plus Im not going to do well in my course this year as i have no interest in it at all and so dont really see the point in studying for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Revisionbug

It will be difficult to pass your first year of university whilst also doing your a levels. However, unis may decide to look at base of these results when offering you a place. It might actually be more sensible for you to drop out now if you're just going to fail anyway - and your strategy leaves you at risk of doing this.

Yes, you will need to make a new application to ucas. You're there for need a new personal statement and a reference. You can use your old school for a reference but if so you need to contact them before they break up for summer as it will be more difficult then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
It will be difficult to pass your first year of university whilst also doing your a levels. However, unis may decide to look at base of these results when offering you a place. It might actually be more sensible for you to drop out now if you're just going to fail anyway - and your strategy leaves you at risk of doing this.

Yes, you will need to make a new application to ucas. You're there for need a new personal statement and a reference. You can use your old school for a reference but if so you need to contact them before they break up for summer as it will be more difficult then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to pay tuition fees or other things of if i drop out now which I cant do as I have no money at the moment and do I really need a reference to enter clearing I have a friend that made a ucas application a day before results day and got into Uni through clearing with what he told me was no reference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending