The Student Room Group

Passive Aggressive Emotional Guy Friend - Getting Rid?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serendipitee
Well, I hope a guy never stares at you like this :colondollar:, I don't scare easily but it's creepy as **** :teehee:

I could just ignore him some more :beard: I'm the sort of person who tends to be direct and blunt with people, the problem with blowing up in his face though is that he will undoubtedly whine to mutual friends.
Yes, because that would be sooo gay! Do I sound like a girl here? :s-smilie:

He's the total opposite of you. Passive aggressive people HATE confrontation. Bunch of pussies!

And what's the worst that'll happen if he whines to mutual friends??
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
Yes, because that would be sooo gay! Do I sound like a girl here? :s-smilie:

He's the total opposite of you. Passive aggressive people HATE confrontation. Bunch of pussies!

And what's the worst that'll happen if he whines to mutual friends??

No lol! I was joking :tongue:

Yeah, I know. It just grates on me as it causes so much unnecessary drama. If he had a problem with me, or even if he fancied me, he should just have been straight with me (he's bi actually lol, not that that matters tho?) and we could have sorted this out months ago.

Well, I'm fairly close with a few of them as they have always been really nice to me. Although, if I'm being honest, that whole friend group is fairly irresponsible/immature (even the ones who are nice to me have been **** to some other people I don't know personally) and I've started distancing myself from them anyway. They're not my closest friends by any means.
No lol! I was joking :tongue: *glares at you*

Yeah, I know. It just grates on me as it causes so much unnecessary drama. If he had a problem with me, or even if he fancied me, he should just have been straight with me (he's bi actually lol, not that that matters tho?) and we could have sorted this out months ago. Months?! How long have you tolerated this guy? o_O Like I said, passive aggressive people don't like confrontation so that why he probably can't be straight with you and is trying to give you his own little "hints" XD

Well, I'm fairly close with a few of them as they have always been really nice to me. Although, if I'm being honest, that whole friend group is fairly irresponsible/immature (even the ones who are nice to me have been **** to some other people I don't know personally) and I've started distancing myself from them anyway. They're not my closest friends by any means.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean, what kind of friends wouldn't understand why you're ignoring a guy like that?
Reply 23
That wasn't what I means, soz :tongue: I don't really find him attractive as in fancy him, he is undoubtedly physically attractive but the way he acts makes it impossible to even see him as a good friend, let alone a possible bf :smile:

Would you flirt with him anyway though, just to see if that's the reason? As I said, it does seem really douchey to treat someone worse if you fancy them, who even does that? :tongue:

Unfortunately there are quite a few people who act like this when they like someone. You've seen in movies where a person will tease or insult someone they like. It's still treating them differently to everyone else, and on top of that he seems fixated on you by staring at you constantly. I'd say flirt, maybe the truth will come out. If he likes you and you give signals he may jump at the opportunity, or change his behaviour somewhat. Either way, he won't be just staring at you. :P
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I mean, what kind of friends wouldn't understand why you're ignoring a guy like that?

You're right, I have been pretty cold to him now and then before and they always can't see why :dontknow: And yes it's been going on for months :mad:

I had an idea, do you reckon just being like "Leave me alone" point blank all the time would work? And if I see him staring I can tell him that too :lol: It's just really frustrating.
Original post by Danz123
Unfortunately there are quite a few people who act like this when they like someone. You've seen in movies where a person will tease or insult someone they like. It's still treating them differently to everyone else, and on top of that he seems fixated on you by staring at you constantly. I'd say flirt, maybe the truth will come out. If he likes you and you give signals he may jump at the opportunity, or change his behaviour somewhat. Either way, he won't be just staring at you. :P

Yeah, I know what you mean, I think he's definitely taking it way OTT though if so :tongue:

I definitely don't want to go out with him even though he's physically attractive as he is a pretty horrible person and I value personality more. Do you reckon I should flirt just to see if "the truth will come out" though? :biggrin:
You're right, I have been pretty cold to him now and then before and they always can't see why :dontknow: And yes it's been going on for months :mad:

I had an idea, do you reckon just being like "Leave me alone" point blank all the time would work? And if I see him staring I can tell him that too :lol: It's just really frustrating.

Maybe they're just pretending not to see. If they aren't just explain why!

And yes, you should say that every time. Why wouldn't it work? I mean, if it doesn't, what he's doing probably counts as harassing... and no you should never flirt with such a guy.

But I can forsee that you probably will, considering you find him attractive. Ever heard of curiosity killed the cat? Yeah....
Maybe they're just pretending not to see. If they aren't just explain why!And yes, you should say that every time. Why wouldn't it work? I mean, if it doesn't, what he's doing probably counts as harassing... and no you should never flirt with such a guy.But I can forsee that you probably will, considering you find him attractive. Ever heard of curiosity killed the cat? Yeah....
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I don't want to create unnecessary drama, but as he's clearly scared of direct confrontation being harsh and blunt as I can very well be should work fo sho :smug:I find loads of guys physically attractive, doesn't mean I flirt with them :biggrin: Nah, his repulsive personality is a definite no-no. I don't want to flirt with him just to see if he does fancy me, people like that don't deserve any niceness IMO.
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I don't want to create unnecessary drama, but as he's clearly scared of direct confrontation being harsh and blunt as I can very well be should work fo sho :smug:I find loads of guys physically attractive, doesn't mean I flirt with them :biggrin: Nah, his repulsive personality is a definite no-no. I don't want to flirt with him just to see if he does fancy me, people like that don't deserve any niceness IMO.

Yeah but if you're too harsh you might end up hurting his feelings... and he may not get over it for a long time! If that happens, then expect a LOT more creepiness than you're already getting. Maybe a little bit of emotional drama too :tongue: What are you going to do when he cries like a baby in front of you and texts you all night about how he wants to commit suicide?
Yeah but if you're too harsh you might end up hurting his feelings... and he may not get over it for a long time! If that happens, then expect a LOT more creepiness than you're already getting. Maybe a little bit of emotional drama too :tongue: What are you going to do when he cries like a baby in front of you and texts you all night about how he wants to commit suicide?
Oh lawd he'd better not :eek: :mad: He does deserve a firm word TBF, what would you call "too harsh" though? :tongue:
Oh lawd he'd better not :eek: :mad: He does deserve a firm word TBF, what would you call "too harsh" though? :tongue:

lmao! Tell me all the things you're thinking of saying to him and I'll pick the bad ones
lmao! Tell me all the things you're thinking of saying to him and I'll pick the bad ones

Well, next time he tries to talk to me I'll just say coldly "Can you leave me alone, please?" and glare at him. And then if he asks why I'll explain and go from there. Too mean? :borat:
Don't flirt with him if you're not interested... that's terrible advice. Just cut him out of your life and if he confronts you about it give him a reason why. (Whether you tell him the truth or not is up to you.)
Clearly ignoring him doesn't work so you'll have to be more direct.

There's a girl at work who is so annoying, everything is always about her - I say I have 5 hrs sleep, she's had 2, I say I'm hungry, she hasn't eaten in 2 days, I say I have a headache, she has a migraine - that kinda thing. I tried ignoring it and focussing on something positive, but everyone else has work have grown tired of it. So if she says something like that, I just dismiss it or give an off handed comment back like "god, there's always seems to be something wrong with you!" and she gets the picture.

If you catch him staring just go over to him and confront him with "why are you staring at me?". Or if he says the thing about your green trousers, turn round and say "what did you say about green trousers?".

Passive aggressives hate being confronted.
Original post by RowingGoose

There's a girl at work who is so annoying, everything is always about her - I say I have 5 hrs sleep, she's had 2, I say I'm hungry, she hasn't eaten in 2 days, I say I have a headache, she has a migraine - that kinda thing. I tried ignoring it and focussing on something positive, but everyone else has work have grown tired of it. So if she says something like that, I just dismiss it or give an off handed comment back like "god, there's always seems to be something wrong with you!" and she gets the picture.

If you catch him staring just go over to him and confront him with "why are you staring at me?". Or if he says the thing about your green trousers, turn round and say "what did you say about green trousers?".

Yeah, I don't really like people like that :zomg: He definitely doesn't like confrontation :yep:

Would it be too harsh to just go over and say "why are you staring at me," do you reckon? I don't want to come off as oversensitive as there are usually mutual friends around whenever we see each other, having said that they are the kind of guys who condone that kind of behaviour! Thanks btw :smile:
Well, next time he tries to talk to me I'll just say coldly "Can you leave me alone, please?" and glare at him. And then if he asks why I'll explain and go from there. Too mean? :borat:
Not at all. I thought you were just gonna blow him up or something XD

But you're still going about it the wrong way. Just say "leave me alone, please" and keep doing your own thing. If you question him, he'll want a reply and when you tell him why.... you wanna know what will happen??

You DON'T want to know.
Reply 36
That wasn't what I means, soz :tongue: I don't really find him attractive as in fancy him, he is undoubtedly physically attractive but the way he acts makes it impossible to even see him as a good friend, let alone a possible bf :smile:

Would you flirt with him anyway though, just to see if that's the reason? As I said, it does seem really douchey to treat someone worse if you fancy them, who even does that? :tongue:

Having been in this situation before he 100% fancies you.

Not everyone style, but I would just tell him outright that he obviously fancies me and to stop acting like a little bitch. It has worked in the past, and then at least they know why you don't like them.
Not at all. I thought you were just gonna blow him up or something XD

But you're still going about it the wrong way. Just say "leave me alone, please" and keep doing your own thing. If you question him, he'll want a reply and when you tell him why.... you wanna know what will happen??

You DON'T want to know.

Lol, I wouldn't go quite that far :tongue:

Oh, so you mean turn "leave me alone" into a statement rather than a question. Good idea, makes sense thanks :smile:

Are you being serious about what would happen if I gave him a reason? I'll try your approach, but I can't tell if you're joking or not :teehee:
Original post by redferry
Having been in this situation before he 100% fancies you.

Not everyone style, but I would just tell him outright that he obviously fancies me and to stop acting like a little bitch. It has worked in the past, and then at least they know why you don't like them.

Thanks :smile: I don't want to say something like "I know you fancy me," though, because knowing his personality he'll probs just deny it outright and create a bit of a song and dance/argument about it?

Do you reckon just saying/insisting "leave me alone" point blank would work?

Also, how did you get the guy to stop staring at you? :redface:
Lol, I wouldn't go quite that far :tongue:

Oh, so you mean turn "leave me alone" into a statement rather than a question. Good idea, makes sense thanks :smile:

Are you being serious about what would happen if I gave him a reason? I'll try your approach, but I can't tell if you're joking or not :teehee:
Passive aggressive people are often master manipulators and deceivers... they'll twist the conversation into something else and make you feel like whatever you're saying is irrational and uncalled for.

Original post by RowingGoose

haha that'll really scare him! XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending