Help! No motivation for A-levels at all!!

Watch
georgiaxlauren
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have started my a-levels this year and I study maths, business and history. I know I want to go into business management (or something along those lines). When I first started I was really motivated and wanted to achieve well in all of my subjects, we then had mock exams in january and I got a C in business D in history and E in maths, wasnt best pleased with these results but I was determined to stick in and do well. However over time I have been losing motivation for maths and they stopped me from being able to leave school during my frees due to the low grade in my mock and made me go to a study class every tuesday+thursday lunchtime. The class is asked to do papers regularly as homework and prep for exams and Ive not really been putting my effort into them and just cant get into the work!!
Its become worse recently and I have lost all motivation for the subject and even skipped lessons, I have no motivation at all now for school in general, I dont understand it myself as I really want to be bothered and fully motivated about school and my subjects but I just feel like Im coasting through and Im not bothered at all.
My maths teacher has even spoke to me today to tell me there thinking of taking me off the course because they dont think that I want to be there and I didnt even bat an eyelid, I dont want to feel this way towards school but i cant get out of it.
Please help, I NEED some inspiration or advice because Im just totally lost.
kellenfish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you don't do anything about it and put the effort in you're screwed you can always piss about in the summer. It's completely up to you if you fail or pass just commit to it and stay longer in college so you have a good work environment for studying.
Jaegon Targaryen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Look up Eric Thomas on youtube , great motivational speaker .

Think about the consequences of you failing.

Working in retail is soul crushing , you do not want to be doing that for the rest of your life like some unlucky people do.
HMPD97
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At the end of the day, your future is in your hands. The effort you don't put in today will bring its consequences later, and no one wants to be in the position of re-doing their A-levels. I can see how you're feeling unenthusiastic towards your subjects but you've got two months so just give it your all!! You've stated you want to be in business management so that's what you've got to strive for! You'll have the rest of the summer to do whatever you like!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (115)
14.34%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (86)
10.72%
Changed course offer (35)
4.36%
Clearing (58)
7.23%
Conditional offer (11)
1.37%
Deferral (33)
4.11%
Ucas Extra (93)
11.6%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.12%
Point of Entry (56)
6.98%
Self-release (116)
14.46%
Tariff Point (65)
8.1%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.37%
Withdrawal (23)
2.87%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (69)
8.6%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads