The Student Room Group

Current architecture student at London Met

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well with your interviews etc... I just wanted to share with you what it is like to study architecture at London met and I am happy to answer any questions you have about the application process, ucas, exams and anything really.
Reply 1
Original post by Adam Cowell
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well with your interviews etc... I just wanted to share with you what it is like to study architecture at London met and I am happy to answer any questions you have about the application process, ucas, exams and anything really.

Hi I'm a student from South Korea. And I got an offer for london met's architecture course including foundation. I want to know the current reputation of london met too.
Reply 2
About London Met Cass :
And yet in sharp contrast to the university’s blundering and chaotic public image, its architecture courses are increasingly highly regarded and attract particularly at postgraduate level very strong students. It has become the school of choice for many of the brightest design graduates from Cambridge (which no longer has a diploma) and other top British schools.

What attracts them? Largely it is the quality of the studio faculty. Operating under the unit system (popularised by Alvin Boyarsky’s AA in the 1970s-80s, of which the Dean of London Met is himself a product), here the units are much more identified with a ‘practice’ than an ‘individual’ reflecting perhaps a larger shift over that time from the architect as avant-garde genius to pragmatic collaborator (an essay in itself).

http://www.architectural-review.com/buildings/london-schools-part-three-london-metropolitan-by-aru/8648277.article
Reply 3
Hi,
I will be starting this coming Sep and I would like to you what is your perspective of the course/school and how is your timetable. Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending