The Student Room Group

What should one put in an economics, politics or geography related postgraduate ps?

Like how is it different from an undergraduate personal statement?
It matters far less. Most undergraduate departments have an excess of demand over supply but most postgraduate departments are hunting actively!

For the majority of postgraduate admissions processes the main things that matter are did you meet the academic entry requirements and have you got the money to cover the fees. If so they will pretty much take you.

If you're saying I only got a 2:2 but can you take me anyway then you will need to do a harder sales pitch.

If you're saying I don't have the money but can I have 'funding' then you will need to go through a competitive process which will probably be linked to you doing a research degree afterwards in which case your personal statement would need to have some indication of your research interests and that you have put serious thought in to it, ie aren't one of the ones trying to blag it and thinking "I'll leave after a masters, I don't really plan to do a PhD lol"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending