Exams and Revision Techniques - Summer 2014

Watch
Wildx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know there are many other threads like this, but most are dated. So, how many exams do you have? I have 22 :'(

2 x Further Maths
2 x English Language
2 x Media
2 x French
3 x History
3 x Biology
3 x Physics
3 x Chemistry
2 x Citizenship

Also, what are your revision techniques? I do mind maps, Past Papers, Podcasts, SAM learning and bitesize revision quizzes

Good Luck with your exams!
Simmmi02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have 19 exams as my school made everyone do Core Science last year at the end of year 10

3 x Maths
1 x English Language
2 x English Literature
1 x Music
2 x French
2 x Religious Studies
1 x Physical Education
2 x Biology
2 x Physics
2 x Chemistry
1 x ICT

My revision techniques include: Revision guides, flash cards, my-gcsescience (youtube), maths watch videos, I have post-it notes on my bedroom walls but I mainly focus on past papers.

Good luck to you too!
JayJay-C19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have 17 examinations this year. I did Core Science last year (summer of year ten).

2 x Maths
3 x English (Literature and Language)
2 x History
2 x German
2 x Religious Studies
2 x Business Studies
1 x Textiles Technology: Theory
1 x Biology
1 x Chemistry
1 x Physics

My revision techniques: Use revision guides as well as you exercise books and make flash cards in black ink (use lined cards) and make a title at the top and just bullet point; the structure makes it easy to scan over and writing them out is a good form of active revision. Use My-GCSEScience (AQA mainly) for Science which is on YouTube. Maths, just do numerous questions over and over again and if you get stuck, watch tutorials, refer to guides or use MathsWatch if you have it. Overall, use past papers. They will help you gain exam technique but if you struggle with time keeping, time yourself and just stop when the time runs out. It will help you substantially. Or should anyway.

Good luck.
AreebWithaHat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i never give away my secrets
Nijuuninichi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have 18! I do Art, so our final exam before the exam season even begins (Not looking forward to it!).

English Language - 1
English Literature - 2
Maths - 2
Economics - 3
French - 2 ( I suppose Speaking doesn't count )
ICT - 1
Drama - 1
Chemistry - 2
Biology - 2
Physics - 2
oneabdi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
15 exams! I'm far better off than some people now that I see these posts.

Biology - 3
Chemistry - 3
Physics - 3
English Literature - 2
Economics - 3
Computing - 1
saskiabw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have 24 exams this summer and i did one last year as its compulsory to do Religious Studies in Year 10.

4x Latin
4x German
4x French
2x Maths
2x English lit/lang
2x Biology
2x Chemistry
2x Physics
2x Geography

For revision I have written flashcards for each of the points on the specification for Biology. I read aloud and highlight my revision guides for sciences then do past papers. For maths I work through CGP revision guide whilst doing past papers and for any topics I struggle with I watch YouTube videos. For English I am practising writing essays for the lit exam for each of the characters/themes and then learning the quotations I use in the essays off by heart (I write them onto post-it notes after writing an essay). For modern languages I am learning vocab on quizlet (key to getting high marks on reading/listening papers) and doing past papers for writing exam. For Latin I am learning vocab, doing tonnes of translations (whilst I do translations I look up grammar and after a week or so you begin to learn everything from doing it so often) and learning set texts for the Latin lit exams. For geography I make flashcards for the main info and make more concise notes of my revision notes for case studies.
Toy Whittaker
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
go to http://www.fastpastpapers.com for all your GCSE past papers
Siddy223
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
wow helpful...
(Original post by AreebWithaHat)
i never give away my secrets
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (14)
28.57%
Less motivated (35)
71.43%

Watched Threads