The Student Room Group

Help please with biology home work

Hi guys can you help me make a method based on the
hypothesis: "pea pods of the same lengths contain the same mass of peas even though the number of peas may differ.
Reply 1
Original post by zimzim40
Hi guys can you help me make a method based on the
hypothesis: "pea pods of the same lengths contain the same mass of peas even though the number of peas may differ.

Think about your variables.

You want to calculate the mass of pea pods that are of the same lengths, but of different numbers of peas.

What you need to carry this out:

Pea pods of the same length

A range of the number of pea (with the length of the pod being constant)

How are you going to weigh them

What will you need..

How can you ensure that your results are reliable and accurate

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 2
sorry still don't get it!
Reply 3
sorry still don't get it!

Do you understand what you're trying to figure out?

I could write a method for you, but in reality that won't help you learn.

To write a method, you need to firstly understand what you are trying to figure out.

Here, put simply, you want to find out if you have pods of the same length, but a different number of peas within each pod, will they weigh the same or will they not.

So you will need a number of pods that are the same length, but have a different number of peas in them.

Therefore, for example, get ten pods of length 10cm, with two pods each containing: 5,6,7,8,9 and 10 peas.

Then weigh them.

If they all weigh the same then your hypothesis will be correct on the basis of your data.

If your results show you that the pods with 8,9 and 10 peas weighed more than the pods with 5,6 and 7 peas then your hypothesis is incorrect and you can therefore say that the more peas in a pod, the more it weighs.

You have to control the variable of length however, to ensure its a fair test. If you were to only test massive pods with huge peas but in a small amount then the test would be unfair unless all of the pods were the same length.

Has this helped any more? :colondollar:
Reply 4
please can you help me write it out?
Reply 5
hi, please can you write one out???????/
Reply 6
Hi can you do the method for me
Reply 7
Hi can you do the method for me

I've told you everything you need to include..

Write a method and I'll check it..

I'm not going to do your homework for you, but I'm more than willing to help :smile:
Reply 8
i don't know how to.
Reply 9
It's like writing a recipe think about the steps you need the equipment or ingredients etc...
Reply 10
Is this alright
independent = pea pod size
dependent = number of peas
control variable = conditions of pea pod growth/species of pea
Assemble 100 differently sized pea pods of plants of the same species grown in the same conditions, and measure their length along their longest axis using a ruler in millimetres. After measuring each pod, open it and count the number of peas inside. record results in a table. Plot a scatter graph with number of peas on the y axis and pea pod size on the x axis. See if there's a correlation and if possible draw an appropriate line of best fit. Repeat three times with more pea pods.
Control: hmmm... don't really need one
organism: same pea species
repeat: repeat three times
measure: using a ruler in millimetres
same: same conditions of pea pod growth

Control: hmmm... don't really need one

Dodgy experiment, you always need control variables.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest