The Student Room Group

Would I be eligable

I got reasonable A Levels AAB Economics, Psychology and English lit and am studying at Pearson College, a new University in London. I am working consistently at distinction/1st level and keen to look into the possibility of doing a law degree when I finish.

I have no law experience but have completed internship at the FT (7 months) at and Bloomberg. I also debate regularly and successfully and work for a start-up which has several registered patents.

I would be keen to attend a top law school in the UK and being realistic know I would not be able to attend Oxbridge but what level of University do you think I may be eligable for? I haven't sat my LNAT yet and have only just begun working on it. It would be very helpful to know what kind I may be applicable for.
Hi there,

I'm thinking of studying at Pearson College. Do you mind telling me more about this college? Do you really get plenty of support? What's the job prospect like? Are you satisfied? Do they offer you internships?
Hi there,

I'm thinking of studying at Pearson College. Do you mind telling me more about this college? Do you really get plenty of support? What's the job prospect like? Are you satisfied? Do they offer you internships?
Reply 3
Original post by christiandbutor
Hi there,

Hello!

I'm a current student at Pearson College so I thought I'd try and give you a little insight as to what life is like here. As you probably know, we are a small business school in Central London and fairly new. I started studying here in September last year and all of my experiences have been great! There is loads of support and there is always someone around to help or answer your queries.

At Pearson College you are always treated like a 'colleague' as we want to create an environment which is similar to a work environment. It may sound like a small thing but I know all my lecturers by their first name and feel happy to go and speak to them whenever I need.

I have also taken part in lots of industry days. We tend to have employers from different industries come and run workshops with us on a Friday but we also have been to the head offices of some well known companies. Recently I went to the head office of Unilever and was given a greater insight about the business and I have also pitched a new business idea to the Head of Marketing at Direct Line. Pearson College guarantee an internship for all full time students and there are lots of opportunities available. There are some students in my year working at Direct Line and at Pearson for the summer.

I really enjoy studying at Pearson College and am really pleased that I chose to come and study here. We run personal visit days, instead of open days, which means that if you come and visit you will get shown around our main building and perhaps meet one of the students to answer any more of your questions. If you would like to know more about these then just visit our website.

I hope to see you soon!

Sarah

Quick Reply